- Cancer still evokes much fear by most patients.
- More than 1 in 3 people will develop some form of cancer at some point in their lives.
- Nearly 8 million people die each year from cancer in the World.
- In the UK, despite the constant progress made in screening, diagnosing, treating and preventing malignancy, there are said to be nearly 300,000 new cancer cases each year (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer).
- For approximately 30 years, up until 2006, the incidence of cancer increased by 25% (14% in men, 32% in women). Since then, rates have been reasonably stable.
- There are over 200 different types of cancer but more than half of cases in the UK are due to breast, lung, colon (large intestine), and prostate cancer.
For more information regarding cancer statistics, including definitions, please visit:
Cancer Research UK: http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/about-cancer/what-is-cancer/statistics/
Cancer - Définition, symptômes et traitement
Las estadísticas del cáncer hoy en día
Krebs - Zahlen und Fakten
Latest update on January 7, 2011 at 01:04 PM by N.T.