No-one can prove with certainty how psychological factors can influence the initiation of cancer , but some situations could constitute a favourable background to its development.
Any form of stress such as violent traumas, unemployment, divorce, separation, family or professional problems occur sometimes, according to certain psychiatrists or psychologists, in the few months or years before the beginning of the disease.
However, it must be remembered that not everyone who has been through these experiences develops cancer.
- Low mood or depression can constitute a risk factor for the appearance of the disease. This may be because symptoms of depression can mask the signs of cancer, or that the patient does not seek medical attention.
- In addition, cancer can obviously lead to depression given the gravity of the diagnosis. It is important to ensure persistent low mood does not progress, but if depression does develop, to undergo help, support and treatment as soon as possible.
It is vital to express your feelings and fears and to avoid bottling these thoughts inside.
Psychological help is always available
, and it is now accepted by more and more patients.
BEWARE OF THE NEGATIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH CANCER. Cancer is always regarded as a lethal disease whereas it must be remembered that more than 50% of cancer patients recover and this progress is increasing year by year.
The anguish of your cancer diagnosis, the fear which the disease causes in others, the subsequent low self-esteem, can be incredibly stressful and frustrating.
Psychological support can have a good outcome.
It is essential to overcome this period and accept to be helped:
- To accept your cancer diagnosis
- To become more informed about your cancer
- To avoid giving up
- To find the energy to fight for survival against your cancer
- To learn how to relax
- To regain your self-confidence
- To avoid becoming overwhelmed by stress , which can worsen your disease or slow down recovery.
- To succeed in expressing your anxieties
- To avoid sinking into depression .
- To avoid focusing entirely on your cancer and try to stay involved with relatives, partners, children ....
Cancer et causes psychologiques
¿Puede el cáncer ser provocado por causas psicológicas?
Latest update on June 26, 2010 at 09:56 AM by N.T.