Fresh fruits contain vitamins
and are high in fibers.
They are also very rich in anti oxidants which have a beneficial effect on cholesterol
- Vitamin C: oranges, lemons, grapefruits, kiwis, soft fruits.
- Carotene: Melons, apricots, peaches
- Polyphenols: grapes
- Oleaginous fruits contain unsaturated fats which help to lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Pine kernels, hazel nuts, almonds or sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, cashew nuts, macadamias, pecan nuts, pistachios.
- Add them to salads or cooking. .
- Coconuts and peanuts are not recommended because they are high in saturated fats.
are low in calories, approximately 40 - 50 calories per apple. They help reduce cholesterol. They have beneficial effects against cardiovascular disease according to a study published in the Journal of Nutrition .
help decrease the absorption of cholesterol and lipids
in the intestines. Apples are rich in fibre and easy to carry and can be eaten anywhere.
Apples, especially their skin contain many vitamins and anti oxidants. They give you energy thanks to the fructose and carbohydrates they contain. Apples are a great snack, they decrease the desire to nibble and give a feeling of satiety. Apples are refreshing as they contain 85% water. Apples decrease the risk of colon cancer
according to a German study published in the April 2008 edition of the Nutrition magazine
Apples can be eaten raw, cooked, with or without their skin, throughout the year. Try mixing them into a salad or adding them to chicken, pork or salmon.
Benefits of foods
To know benefits of foods...
Faire baisser le cholestérol
Frutas para hacer bajar el colesterol
Obst und Gemüse zur Senkung des Cholesterinspiegels