Graisses saturées et insaturées
Las grasas buenas y las grasas malas
Choosing the right sorts of foods, more specifically fats, remains a fundamental part in preventing and controlling high cholesterol.
A diet rich in saturated fats causes a high level of bad cholesterol, (LDL-cholesterol).
Reduce your intake of saturated fats
Lower your consumption of
- Fatty meats (red meats...)
- Fried foods
- Cold meats
- Ready made foods and take aways
- Processed foods (chocolate, cookies...)
Choose unsaturated fats -this helps to lower the bad cholesterol
Unsaturated fat helps decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) and helps to increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- Olive oil, rapeseed oil, nut oil, sunflower oil, hazelnuts, almonds, avocado, grape seed oil, corn oil, soya oil and fish oils.
- Oleaginous plants such as: pine kernels, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds or sunflower seeds
- Replace butter with vegetable oils and margarines