Tonsillitis is inflammation and infection of the pharynx and tonsils
affects children from age 2, the developmental age of tonsils
The tonsils are located at the back of the throat on either side of the oral cavity. They develop during the second year. The tonsils play a role in fighting infections.
- Sore throat and pain on swallowing
- Fever between 38 and 40° C
- Inflamed throat
- Presence of glands in the neck.
- Vomiting can sometimes appear ...
Treatment of Tonsillitis
- First reduce the fever
- Reduce the pain with painkillers or anti-inflamatories
- Consider an antibiotic if tonsillitis is caused by bacteria
Diagnosis of tonsillitis: bacterial or viral?
You need to have a throat swab.
Antibiotics work against bacteria but are ineffective against viruses.
A positive test result - if the swab confirms the presence of a germ such as 'Streptococcus A' then the prescription of antibiotics
Angine - Symptômes et traitement
Latest update on November 12, 2013 at 04:52 AM by Jeff.