Why do we suffer from dry hair?
The hair follicle is composed of 3 parts:
- The hair bulb (the "root") , in the scalp
- The epidermic sheath, opening of the scalp's skin, forming a canal allowing the hair stem to appear from the scalp
- The hair stem or shaft : is made up of dead, hard protein called Keratin. It is these keratin molecules that are weakened by dryness , giving hair a dull and dry appearance and causes 'split ends'. Split ends is hair that is damaged and unrepairable.
Damage to our hair often occurs when :
- The hair dryer is too hot and used too closely to the hair
- The use of aggressive or harsh hair products such as shampoos, hair spray and hair dye
- Hair appliances - brushes, curling tongues, straightening irons...
The use of shampoos and cosmetics for dry hair (capillary balsams) generally have a temporary effect .
A long term solution to treating dry hair compromises of:
- Keep your hair trimmed, cutting off the split ends is the only way to get rid of them. The damage to the hair shaft has already been done.
- Nutrients, vitamins and supplements for dry hair. The 'B' group of vitamins are particularly good and provide the hair root with what they need to produce beautiful hair.
Lucha contra el cabello seco y frágil
Latest update on December 9, 2014 at 04:39 PM by Ambucias.