To follow the aperitifs and starters is the main course and then dessert. Many of these meals are full of calories and are mouth-watering temptations.........
Here are some very simple ideas that will help you avoid gaining weight whilst enjoying your dinner
Turkey with chestnuts
- Turkey is traditionally stuffed with chestnuts. This stuffing usually calorific: approximately 500 Kcalories per person
- Either eat it without stuffing or cook an alternative stuffing made with apples.
Venison and wild boar meats are leaner and not as calorific, averaging approximately 100 to 120 Kcalories per 100 grams
- Serve the meat with fresh steamed vegetables.
Steam cooked fresh salmon is rich in Omega 3, Omega 6, vitamins A and D, as well as potassium and phosphorus
Drink large amounts of water
- Drinking water during and outside meals will keep you well hydrated and help avoid the affects caused by drinking a lot of alcohol.
- Try herbal teas and infusions before going to bed
- Drink a glass of water before each glass of wine.
- Avoid cakes which can amount to 500 Kcalories per piece as they have a large amount of butter in the cakes and in the butter cream icings
- Choose or prepare cakes that are lower in fat and can be served with fruits rather than cream.
- Choose or serve exotic fruits, sorbets or fruit tarts as these have less calories than cakes.
Menús dietéticos para las fiestas: plato principal y postres
Latest update on November 22, 2010 at 08:19 AM by Janey39.