Loosing weight involves a lot of life long changes and hard work. It is therefore, crucial to commit to the changes made in order to stabilise your weight.
Successful dieting must include measures to avoid regaining your lost weight.
Newly adopted healthy eating habits need to be maintained and the old ones left behind. It is the old bad habits that will cause you to regain the weight lost.
Stick to the healthy balanced diet you have adopted and it will guarantee you success
- Choose complex carbohydrates that take longer to digest and have less calories, for example baked potatoes with skins left on, porridge, wholegrain rice and pasta, steamed vegetables etc.
- Try to have vegetables and fruit with each meal.
- Avoid sugary foods that contain a lot of calories and more likely to be stored as fat (sweets, cakes, biscuits, sugary drinks, chocolate...)
- Look at the fat content of food and choose lower fat alternatives
- Use rapeseed and olive oils for cooking and dressings
- Limit nibbling and snacking between meals
- Have a light meal from time to time (soup, yoghurt, fruits or salad) especially if you've had treats of meals out or extra cakes and chocolate.
- Enjoy yourself from time to time. Going out and enjoying food in restarurants or meeting friends is important. Denying yourself such treats can lead to binge eating. Balance these treats by cutting back for a day and eating lighter meals that are less in calories..
- Anticipate difficult times such as birthdays, parties and Christmas. Eat less leading up to these events, and eat lightly before anticipated big meals.
- Alcohol is empty calories so avoid drinking too much. Enjoy and savour a glass of wine with your meals and choose low calories mixers if drinking spirits such as Gin and low calorie tonic.
- Drink a plenty of water, 1 to 1,5 liter each day.
- Limit portion sizes, rather than over filling your plate.
Keeping active and maintaining sports is very important
Do at least 2 to 3 hours of sports or physical activities per week or 30 to 40 minutes of brisk walking every day. Climbing stairs and gardening also counts.
- Swimming and cycling are great sports and have less impact on the joints especially if you haven't exercised for a long time. Aim to increase your intensity and set yourself goals to beat.
- Walk in your everyday life, do not use lifts, go shopping on foot
- Sports and being physically active help define your shape and reinforces your abdominal muscles
- Reduce your intake for a for a few days as soon as you notice a weight regain of 2 to 3 kilos.
- Learn how to relax and fight stress and some people turn to food for comfort during these times.
Stabilisation du poids - Ne pas reprendre les kilos
No coger peso después de una dieta: la estabilización
Latest update on November 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM by Janey39.