This diet forbids the consumption of all carbohydrates in any meal.
Food forbidden in the Atkins diet
- Starchy foods: pasta, rice, potatoes...
- Legumes: beans, lenses, garden peas, soya, broad beans...
- Dry vegetables
- Milk, yoghurt, dairy products, cottage cheese
- Sugar and sweets
- Sweet drinks
Food allowed in the Atkins diet
- Butter, margarine, oil and cream
- Unsweetened dairy produces
- Cheeses, except the reduced cheeses which contain carbohydrates.
Food allowed but in moderation
- Authorised drinks: tea, coffee and water
- Green vegetables, salads, spices and herbs can be consumed in limited quantity
- Fast weight loss from 2 to 4 kilos the first week then the weight loss is more progressive to reach approximately 6 kilos at the end of a month.
- Eat meat or cheese at will
- Easy to carry out at home or in a restaurant
- It can cause an important increase in lipids which increases the cholesterol in he blood. it can precipitate cardiovascular risks, among which is the heart attack
- Absence of carbohydrates cause tiredness, muscle cramps, nausea...
- The is a greater loss of muscle than of fat
- Deficiencies in vitamins, rock salt and fibre
- The weight that is lost in many people are quickly regained after this diet
Régime Atkins - Principes, aliments interdits et autorisés
La dieta Atkins