Prevención de las alergias durante el embarazo
Reduce the exposure of the foetus to smoke
- All pregnant mothers should absolutely avoid smoking. The exposure to tobacco smoke by the fetus, still called passive smoking in utero causes risks of hypotrophy (growth delay) of the baby's developmental, psychic and intellectual disorders, and respiratory function in the first years of his/her life.
- Nicotine passes into the amniotic fluid of the mother.
No dieting during pregnancy, except if specifically recommended
- Several studies revealed that there was no benefit and even dangerous to cut out certain foods from a pregnant womens diet to avoid causing allergies in the future baby.
- In addition, pregnant women following diets may inadvertantly cause nutrient deficiencies.
- Peanuts are the only non-essential food, which should be avoided during pregnancy.
Latest update on December 28, 2010 at 05:41 AM by Janey39.