- There is effective treatment for erectile dysfunction and this can transform your sex life.
- It is essential to treat any underlying medical cause if found on screening.
Medical treatment: Phosphodiesterase inhibitors
- There is drug treatment which prevents the hormone (phosphodiesterase) from working. This hormone is responsible for causing the dissolution of an erection.
- There are 3 drugs available: Vardenafil (Levitra), Tadalafil (Cialis), and Sildenafil (Viagra).
- They are taken up to an hour before you are going to have sex.
- These drugs do not have an effect on sexual desire. It is still necessary to have a sexual arousal to obtain an erection.
- Before prescribing drug treatment, your GP must check that you do not have any heart problems as they are contraindicated in those on certain medications (nitrates).
- Sometimes these medications can be prescribed free of charge to you if you have a medical cause for your erectile dysfunction.
- Side-effects include nausea, rhinitis, headaches, hot flushes, facial flushing, eye disorder :
- Other contra-indications, side effects and interactions with other drugs will be explained to you by your doctor.
- Injections are reserved for men in whom medical treatments have failed.
- The injections can either be into the urethra (the hole within your penis) or into the actual tissue of your penis.
- Injections are carried out by the patient themselves
- The injected product causes the blood vessels to dilate and fill up with blood causing an erection
- Erection occurs approximately 5 to 15 minutes after the injection and can last from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Side-effects include pain at the injection site and prolonged erection.
- Penile vacuums or pumps cause an erection by mechanically drawing blood into your penis.
- This apparatus requires some training but can represent a solution for certain couples.
There are surgical solutions available but these are reserved as a last resort and you can discuss this with your GP or specialist.
For more information, please see http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Erectile-Dysfunction-(Impotence).htm
Troubles de l'érection - Dysfonction érectile - Que faire ?
Los tratamientos para los problemas de erección
Latest update on April 2, 2013 at 06:09 PM by Crashounette.