Exercise is not forbidden during pregnancy.
Seek medical advice
- Medical advice should always be sought before beginning or continuing a sport.
- Women who exercise regularly can continue it, but they should take some precautions during their pregnancy.
Being physically active during pregnancy helps
- It keeps you in good muscular shape and helps maintain a firm abdomen
- Fights against excessive weight gain
- Relaxes and reduce any anxiety
- Reduces the risks of gestational diabetes and high blood pressure
- Supports a well-balanced diet
- Promotes better rehabilitation after delivery
No contact sports and intensive activity
- An expectant mother should give up competitive sports or intensive activities.
- Intensive activity at the beginning of pregnancy is not advisable
- Any sport or period of exercise should be preceded by a good warm up
- Walking, 30 minutes a day
- Exercise Bicycle
- Swimming and aqua-gym, are the ideal because you are nearly weightless in water (DO NOT DIVE).
Sports to be avoided
- Outdoor bicycle riding
- Combat and high impact and contact sports
- Horse riding
- Scuba diving
- Endurance sports
- Intensive and extreme sports
Sport is not recommended in the event of a twin pregnancy
Any kind of sport is not recommended in the event of twin pregnancy. Physical activities must be reduced.
Pay attention to tiredness, infections, contractions
Extreme tiredness or the appearance of symptoms such as contractions signifies that you must stop exercising immediately.
Grossesse et sport
Latest update on April 1, 2011 at 06:08 AM by Janey39.