Cycling: benefits and contraindications
Being an outdoor sport, cycling is a very complete activity. The advantages: if we do not have time to practice it as a sport, is that we can cycle to work.
Benefits of cycling
Cardiovascular and muscular endurance
- The principal asset of cycling is that it involves both the heart muscle, the heart and the muscles which helps to develop cardiovascular and muscular endurance.
- Cycling involves all the muscles of the body from the head to the feet or almost: abs, pectoral, arms, back, buttocks and especially legs thus allowing to refine them and make them more tonic.
- Cycling develops more the power of the muscles of the lower extremities
Skill and balance
Cycling develops also reflexes and balance
Cycling is an excellent way to get rid of cellulite: the flexion and extension movement of the leg develops circulation, stimulates the deep muscles and thus significantly improves circulation.
It is recommended to cycle, once or twice a week.
Precautions: good choice of the equipment
- To reduce the risks of pains and injury: buy a bicycle adapted to your body length and shape.
- A too high or too hard a saddle, or too low a handlebar, and cycling is likely to cause muscle injuries or tendinitis.
- There are no contraindications for this complete and enjoyable sport!
- But health conditions such as osteoarthritis, knee problems, heart or back problems (sciatic, lumbago) are not really compatible with cycling...
Wear a helmet
The first risk of cycling is accident! If you ride it downtown or on the road, always wear a helmet.
Risks not to be neglected
In the long run, the risks are physical: the lower back can be strained so much that it is likely to become very painful.
Vélo - Bienfaits et contre-indications
La bici : ventajas y contraindicaciones