Wellbeing and a better quality of life
Regular physical activity contributes to your individual wellbeing.
- Sports and exercise helps you relax and allows a period of 'time out' in your busy schedule.
- It helps improve your mental wellbeing and therefore able to tackle your every day problems.
- It helps improve your self-confidence and self-awareness and focus on your needs both mentally and physically.
Physical activity improves our wellbeing and works on four of the following elements:
- Emotional wellbeing (anxiety, stress, fatigue, state and features of depression, energy, strength...)
- Self perception (self-esteem, competencies, body image...)
- Physical wellbeing (health status, pain...)
- Perceived wellbeing (quality of life, a meaning of life to you.)
Improvement of self-esteem
A marked improvement of self-esteem has been noted for people between 55 and 75. Adolescents and young adults also benefit from improved self-esteem.
Improvement of the quality of life
A study revealed that exercise improves quality of life - which is where people's satisfaction with their daily lives is also significantly improved, in particular those between 18 and 64.
Being physically active considerably contributes to a better quality of sleep and helps fights insomnia
Sport : bien être et meilleure qualité de vie
Deporte : bienestar y mejor calidad de vida
Sport - steigert das Wohlbefinden und die Lebensqualität
Latest update on April 12, 2013 at 06:25 PM by Crashounette.