- You can engage in a physical activity by doing daily exercises, at home, while going to work, or in the office....
- Housework, do-it-yourself jobs, gardening, cooking, washing up, board games are all physical activities which contribute to one's wellbeing.
Walk as much as possible, at least 30 minutes each day
Walking every day constitutes as one of the best daily and regular endurance exercises.
- Get into the habit of shopping on foot, get off a couple of bus stops or a tube stop earlier than usual and walk the rest, walk your dog, avoid automatically taking your car for short trips when walking is an attractive and better alternative.
Tone up your abdominal muscles
Walk with a straight back whilst tightening and contracting your abdominal muscles at least ten times while doing so. Relax the muscles for the same length of time. Repeat this movement 5 times successively.
Work your hips, thighs and buttocks
Try walking on tiptoes
At work while sitting
- Hold yourself bolt upright in a chair, with your back and shoulders straight, whilst holding the chair with your hands
- Raise and tighten your legs. Place them parallel to the ground and remain in this position for 10 seconds before relaxing them.
- Repeat the exercise several times and increase progressively the exercise time
Climbing the stairs
- Get into the habit of taking the stairs rather than the lift
- Take advantage of every situation to do some useful exercises
- Swing your arms while climbing stairs and raise and lower them successively towards and away from your body
In front of the computer or the TV
- Take advantage of the number of hours you spend in front of a computer or television to accomplish some exercises.
- With your back straight, place your elbows on the table with your shoulders parallel to the ground.
- Whilst exhaling, contract the abdominal muscles while raising one knee up under the table, then release it when inhaling.
- Alternate with each leg approximately 10 times.
In the living room
The room is also a place where it is possible to make some movements.
- Stand up, with your back straight and with your feet slightly spread out and parallel to the shoulders.
- Place yours hands at the level of your kidneys, fingers pointing towards the ground.
- Gently bring together your elbows close to each other, forcing a little so that you feel a stretching sensation.
- Stay in this position for one minute then relax
- Repeat the exercise 5 times.
Exercices physique quotidiens
Actividad física en su vida cotidiana