Hearing impairment or deafness, is the final degradation of hearing resulting from a deterioration of the auditory system .
- 40% among deaf people are older than 55.
- More than 2 out of 3 of the elderly over 65 have presbyacusia, which is caused by the inevitable effect of ageing.
Hearing loss has consequences in daily life and can very quickly isolate people who are affected from any normal social life.
The hearing decrease can be caused by the slow and progressive hearing loss through normal ageeing, a loud noise exposure, at work or music, a benign neoplasm of the auditory nerve, drugs...
Measuring hearing loss
Hearing impairment is characterised by hearing loss an element which helps quantifying the amount of sounds precisely heard by the affected person.
- The hearing loss rate helps doctors to offer a diagnosis of the importance of the disability.
- Measuring hearing loss is done through audiometric examination , carried out by a ENT specialist.
- This examination is simple, fast and painless.
Hearing information newsletters enable you to receive to your home, free, by email, a summary of the topic: research, tinnituses, deafness, hearing aids, major events.
Audición - El déficit auditivo