Auditory aids, or hearing aids, represent a serious help which can improve the lives of millions of deaf people.
A secondary equipment
Having hearing difficulties affects one's daily life: exchanges and conversations become more and more difficult.
- Only 20% of deaf people use a hearing aid, whereas this figure is approximately 50% in the United States for example .
- The bad image conveyed by auditory equipment, the lack of information and its high price can explain this secondary equipment status.
- However, in recent years, thanks to progress of digital technology and speech processing, hearing aids have become more discrete and effective.
- Hearing aids apply to all kinds of deafness with a recognised efficiency but variable according to the type of deafness, the person and the environmental acoustic conditions.
- Hearing aids cannot "cure" or improve a defective ear or an auditory system deteriorated by age, noise, or any other causes.
- They intervene by amplifying the sounds of the environment.
Audición - Las ayudas auditivas
Latest update on November 13, 2013 at 08:18 AM by Crashounette.