Mercury is a chemical element in the class of metals. This is the only existing metal in liquid form at room temperature and its presence is very toxic to the body. Poisoning can be isolated and responsible for renal impairment with a stop in the formation of urine. With chronic exposure, skin, digestive, and especially nervous symptoms appear. Mercury can still be found in certain dental prostheses, in batteries, old thermometers, and in small, non-toxic amounts in some foods, including fish. For the past few years, thanks to methods of prevention, only a few cases of poisoning persist, mainly in professional settings.
Original article published by
. Translated by Jeff
Latest update on December 11, 2013 at 04:44 AM by Jeff.