Green vaginal discharge

Ask a question Greamie - Last answered on Feb 22, 2016 05:33AM by crystalferguson
Hello,
I am having a green vaginal discharge which is coming out from my vagina, can someone please tell me what's this?
Thanks.
See more 
Helpful
+1
moins plus
The most common cause of green vaginal discharge is a sexually transmitted infection known as trichomoniasis. The discharge often has a foul odor and is typically more yellowish-green than pure green. Intercourse and urination may cause discomfort, and the genital area may be itchy. Pelvic pain may also occur but is not common.

The vaginal discharge that may be associated with gonorrhea or chlamydia is typically more yellow or cloudy. That of bacterial vaginosis is typically white with a foul odor. A foul-smelling, colored discharge can also occur when a foreign body, such as a retained tampon, is in the vagina.

Trichomoniasis can easily be diagnosed by sampling the discharge. Since it is transmitted sexually, tests for other infections, including gonorrhea and bacterial vaginosis, may be performed at the same time. Trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, and bacterial vaginosis are curable with appropriate antibiotic therapy or fuyan pill. If a foreign body is present, it will need to be removed and antibiotics may be used to treat any potential infection.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello,
You will normally be prescribed some antibiotics. Finish them and then get back to the doctor again.
Kind regards.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
You should consult doctor.
Leave a comment
Helpful
moins plus
Hi,
This is surely a yeast infection, please consider getting to a doctor for appropriate help before it gets more serious than that.
Good luck.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?