Running out of options

Ask a question Head in the sand 1Posts Sunday September 16, 2012Registration date September 16, 2012 Last seen - Last answered on Sep 20, 2012 at 12:02 PM by Sunshine8
Hello,
I am so tired of looking for a job, I was with the same employer for over 25 years. I have experience I have qualities and I even went back to school to add a management diploma to my qualities.
It has been 10 months now, I have sent out over 200 applications through Emploi Quebec and over 11 agencies. I have been offered a part time employment which offered no insurance no benifits and very little to be enthosiastic about. I have been outwardly turned down due to my age and one large company turned me down because they felt only a man can lead a maintenance dept.
Next month I will have run out of any possible financial aid and with a strong possibility of losing my house. I am at the end of my rope. To place a cherry on top of it all, my car gave out on me last week and I no longer have transportation.
I do not understand. I am a healthy positive woman that keeps getting passed over for other candidates.
Anyone with any advice? Please do not give me kick in the butt messages. You do not know how much of a positive person I was untli last week, and unless it happened to you I really do not care for your tough love speeches.
I am hoping to hear from employers giving me advice I may have missed.
Thanks
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello, have you thought about 'consulting' - which you can figure in the cost of health care and insurance and car needs - you can factor in your house payments and expenses as well - also call your mortgage company and check on the available programs (they do have them) that can help you out.

Change can be a B***h - so stomp on those doubts and fears as you work your way through this valley of the shadow of death - and oh, do you know what makes a shadow - Light - so enjoy the banquet!!!
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?