Difference between closed rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty?

Ask a question ammie456 1Posts Monday October 5, 2015Registration date October 5, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Dec 5, 2015 09:07PM by Giorgiogermain
I'm 23 years old and I'm seriously considering to do rhinoplasty surgery as I have bulbous and thick nasal tip. I have consulted Dr. Kris Conrad in my locality (Toronto) for this and he told me to perform a closed rhinoplasty. Has anyone here had done this closed rhinoplasty surgery? What is the difference between closed rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty?
See more 
Helpful
+1
moins plus
The surgeon tunneled under the skin over the bridge of the nose and made alterations almost blindly. This is called a closed rhinoplasty because all of the incisions are enclosed inside the nose. It’s a bit like trying to carve a delicate glass figurine (the nasal cartilage) while working under a blanket (the skin).
Then some bright guy came up with idea of carrying a very small incision across the columella or skin bridge that separates the two nostrils. This allows the entire skin over the nasal cartilage and bone to be lifted up to see what’s underneath. This technique is called an open rhinoplasty or external rhinoplasty.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?