Smoking cost me a kid

Ask a question kimim 3Posts Friday June 30, 2017Registration date July 3, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Jul 10, 2017 at 06:15 AM by kamtoy047
Hi
My name is Hellen and would like to share my experiences in smoking. After a short while in marriage, I engaged in untoward behaviors that risked my pregnancy. My loving husband sang the song of cigar abstinence but I never heard. In my first trimester, I almost thought I would suffer from all forms of pains and anguish, but I never did. After visiting the medic, I was warned instantly to stop smoking. Deaf eared I never heard and obliged to her submission. I was so ignorant about the well-being of the growing foetus. My elder sister had to intervene and counselled me to stop smoking otherwise my baby would lack oxygen. The tar in the cigar would clog my blood vessels and limit the flow of oxygenated blood to the growing foetus. It also emerged that I would suffer a miscarriage. Submitting to my sister’s plea, I bowed down and obeyed. After giving birth, the child looked retarded with distorted ears. The legs differed in sizes and the child suffered from a cleft lip. It was so embarrassing as I could have listened to my husband and medic. It taught me a lesson and decided to quit smoking. So that the child passed on after a few weeks of growth. After quitting smoking and gave birth to our second kid, he was full of life and very healthy.
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi, Helen. Welcome to this forum as we share our past and present experiences on smoking. During my pregnancy, I almost went on the path of miscarriage as you did but sought medical advice soonest possible. Later on, I came to realise that the condition was caused by the blockage of uterine blood vessels that was a result of the accumulation of tar. When I noticed it early, I got well and nipped the condition in the bud. Otherwise thank you very much for sharing.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
If smoking is the common cause, I am very certain your condition is treatable. Take heart and be strong. Never lose yourself out of such a condition when there is a very nice place for treatment. I am sure you are aware of BioTex clinic. It is a clinic with a very rich background of egg donation. It boasts about its very skilled professionals and a hospitable staff. What is very motivating is the success rate of motherhood. Any condition is treatable at BioTex and the process is legalized there. Upon completion, the mother goes home with legalized documents plus a baby. What a place to be.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?