IVF fertilization - Help

Sangita1 3 Posts Saturday September 16, 2017Registration date September 26, 2017 Last seen - Sep 26, 2017 at 08:39 AM - Latest reply: igopyrri 2 Posts Wednesday November 1, 2017Registration date November 1, 2017 Last seen
- Nov 1, 2017 at 02:44 PM
Hi ladies -
I am currently in my second round with IVF. My first attempt in January was positive, but I ended up pregnant with twins - both ectopic. I lost the left tube, but feel now that I'm OK with having one less tube to worry about this round. Here's my question for today. We had our egg retrieval yesterday and retrieved 12. 11 were mature, but only 4 fertilized! I did a day 5 transfer last time with the 2 and froze 1, but started with 6 fertilized on day 1. I know that I shouldn't harp on the fact that there were "just" 4. Any 4 of those could end up being our child - this is where I'm TRYING to keep my head. BUT I'm just wondering what experience you all have with how many embryos typically make it out to day 3 and day 5. I'm worried, naturally. Any help you can give is appreciated.
See more 
3Posts Saturday September 16, 2017Registration date September 26, 2017 Last seen

2 replies

Reply to this topic
gia9 6 Posts Saturday October 21, 2017Registration date October 24, 2017 Last seen - Updated by gia9 on 24/10/17 at 01:47 PM
Helpful
It's actually variable depending on a lot of things - primarily egg quality. Though sperms quality counts too but not as much as egg quality. It's a proven fact that the healthier the eggs are the more are the chance of success. Whatever fertility assistance you're going through, the dependency on egg quality remains the same. Usually, the number of embryo < the number of eggs retrieved - mostly around 50% but there are always exceptions in both lower and higher extremes. I think 3 embie suitable for transfer in the first round isn't really a bad count. I wasn't left with an option for any frostie my remaining two embryos weren't viable for cryofreeze - don't remember the clinical explanation of it anymore. So, there's always a bright side, you see you've had 1 frostie and I'd say that you were lucky. Hope this one turns up to be the baby you so desperately desire. Good Luck! :)
Respond to gia9
igopyrri 2 Posts Wednesday November 1, 2017Registration date November 1, 2017 Last seen - Nov 1, 2017 at 02:44 PM
Helpful
Well, it is really a technical issue a little bit. I even myself had an issue regarding my egg fertilizations when I was this surrogacy. Well, my doctors helped really well. I was Ukraine for the solution. I think you should consider consulting to a better infertility clinic about it. They might be able to answer your all the other queries.
Respond to igopyrri