Needed information on ivf

Ask a question helen5 5Posts Tuesday October 10, 2017Registration date October 10, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Oct 22, 2017 at 05:25 PM by gia9
Hello! My name is Helen. I am 36 years old. I am married for almost 4 years. Recently I found out that I am infertile. My world collapse. I strted to researche what are my options. I found many stories about ivf. I want to try with that treatment. Could someone explain me what is that exactly.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a process of fertilisation where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body. The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman's ovulatory process.Then removing egg or eggs from the woman's ovaries and letting sperm fertilise them in a liquid in a laboratory. The fertilised egg undergoes embryo culture for 2–6 days. Then is transferred to the same or another woman's uterus, with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy. I hope you understand that. If you have doubts please tell. I would be glad to tell you more.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I would like to add that IVF success ratesprocedures which result in a depends of many things. Some are maternal age. Younger candidates of IVF are more likely to get pregnant. Women older than 41 are more likely to get pregnant with a donor egg.
Reproductive history: women who have been previously pregnant are in many cases more successful with IVF treatments than those who have never been pregnant.
Due to advances in reproductive technology, IVF success rates are substantially higher today than they were just a few years ago. I hope you know a little bit more. Do you want to know anything else.
gia9 6Posts Saturday October 21, 2017Registration date October 24, 2017 Last seen - Oct 22, 2017 at 05:10 PM
Hey, I agree that age is a factor to cause more complications to any already existing infertility. Thanks to advance clinical practice and fertility assistance even late 40's are not really late anymore. My oldest sister is 42 and has her 2nd born in July. The first one was natural almost 8 years ago and they've been TTC for almost 3 years. Well, I was doing most of the internet research to help her find some relief and came across an informative video by Dr Kotlik Julia on "pregnancy and age". It tells all about age-related fertility issues and how can they be overcome. I'd refer that to anyone who is burdened with the thought that their age gonna shatter their baby dreams. With some help getting pregnant at an older age is very much possible. Plus, the chances are even higher if the couple is fit both physically and have hormonal stability.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thank you ladies. I am now more in to this. I am looking for some good clinic which is specialized for ivf. This treatment is very expensive to my knowledge.
Can you recommend me a good clinic? I will be happy to find a good clinic but I am hoping that would put me in debt. Did someone went to ivf?
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thank you ladies. You explained me details. Now I am sure I want to do this. I will contact them. Hope they will answer me soon. I know they are busy. I want to start as soon as possible. Thank you again.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I want to let you know, I found out about good clinic. I contact them a moment ago. I am very happy. They fill me with hope. That is what I needed now. Tomorow I will sent them my medical documents and they will see what can they do for me. After that I will go there. Hope everything will be Ok.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I am so happy for you. You started to deal with issue. That is very important. Not to sorry for yourself. But deal with issue. I will pray for you. Hope you will tell us the good news soon. Wish you well.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I am very glad that you act fast. I wish that you solve your problems. I want you to hold your baby. That is the best you can imagine. There is no greater happiness. Let us know what they told you. And off course how was it in the clinic. Wish you luck my dear.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thank you ladies. Your support is very important to me. Your knowledge and advices give me strenght to research more. That lead me to some ladies who was in the same situation. They told me about this clinic. I hope they can help me. I will write you again. As soon I knew somethin new.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I am glad that our support helps you. I was at the similar situation. I know how important is to have someone who will support you. Sometime we all need a kind word. You can count on us. Just be calm. Take care of yourself. Stay healthy in your mind and body.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
We are there for you. When ever you need. For sharing a good news. Or when you need someone to share your worries.Hope your trouble time is over. Wish you happiness and health. For you and your family. Hope your wish will come true.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Can you tell me what is the factor as per clinical diagnosis that has been causing infertility? I'm just 6 months into TTC and have been on contraceptive pills for almost 3 years now. Have you had a BFP ever? Usually, unless it's a very serious one the clinic will go IUI first if they haven't already tried that. But in short, IVF is the process where they collect eggs from you and sperms from your SO. Next, they get it checked for the vitals and fertilize that clinically out of the body. Thereafter, they run a check on the embryo (could be more than 1) and if they find that fit for the transfer they put in into your womb. The remaining they cryofreeze to be used later. That's how you get pregnant through an IVF process. It's much more elaborate though in practice, with too many tests and lots of medications. Hope this helps!
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?