The day was emotional

orangeden 3 Posts Tuesday January 16, 2018Registration date January 18, 2018 Last seen - Jan 18, 2018 at 01:00 PM - Latest reply: prerona25 6 Posts Thursday November 2, 2017Registration date January 18, 2018 Last seen
- Jan 18, 2018 at 01:55 PM
Hello,
Hello.The day was emotional, unexpected and completely unforgettable. The day was 9 days overdue.I was an exhausted, first-time mum, waiting for the exciting yet scary moment I thought I had thoroughly prepared for. Birthing classes spent with my mum (aka my doula) and my husband, notes taken, reading countless articles, experiences, you name it I did the research. I was prepared for anything.I wanted a natural birth and an IV was simply not necessary. They explained that it was the procedure. They tried to persuade me by saying that “if something when wrong then”… or “if you get dehydrated then we could”… So I said, “If I make you a deal that I promise to drink as many fluids as you ask me to, would I still need to put in an IV?” The nurse went and talked to the doctor while I finished out another contraction.I’ll never forget the two of them talking in the hall. I was barely coherent during contractions, but I knew enough to see he was willing to let the IV thing go. He said, “I think she’s strong enough to get through this”. And that confidence my doctor had in me gave me, even more, strength to keep going. Now I was on to drinking my weight in cranberry juice!She came out as healthy as she could be. She had lungs that let out her first cries while in my arms. And she never stopped telling us how she felt until after her dad got to hold her in his arms. He simply started talking to her and she calmed down. The sound of his voice was comforting, familiar. That moment of quiet I will never forget. The moment when I realized my family had grown and we were a unit, the three of us, better together than apart.
See more 

1 reply

Reply to this topic
prerona25 6 Posts Thursday November 2, 2017Registration date January 18, 2018 Last seen - Jan 18, 2018 at 01:55 PM
Helpful
I am so glad to hear this news. I am also very glad to hear that you had taken good care of yourself in spite of doctor tried to impose IV on you. You were right in depending on proper diet and good amount of liquid.
I am sure you will have a smart, healthy and happy family with this new inclusion in the family
Respond to prerona25