Dental braces

Tarablunt 2 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date January 30, 2018 Last seen - Jan 30, 2018 at 07:14 AM - Latest reply: Chanalxnie 4 Posts Friday February 2, 2018Registration date February 2, 2018 Last seen
- Feb 2, 2018 at 05:11 PM
What is the minimum age to put dental braces?
See more 

1 reply

Reply to this topic
Chanalxnie 4 Posts Friday February 2, 2018Registration date February 2, 2018 Last seen - Feb 2, 2018 at 05:11 PM
Helpful
Hi there,

I’m currently training to be a dental nurse, I’m not at all qualified at the moment, however have been working in a private dental practice for the last year.

I can tell you that children as young as 7 have been known to benefit from early orthodontic treatment. When someone needs braces depends on how their teeth/mouth/jaw is structured.

The best thing is to have regular examinations (guidelines are recommended every 6 months) so your dentist can monitor the teeth and their movement (teeth are ALWAYS moving unless they are retained by an orthodontic retainer).
They should advise you on what they recommend is the best course of treatment and when in order to get the result you want.

Hope this helps!

Respond to Chanalxnie