Is this dental filling again work in my case

Tarablunt 2 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date January 30, 2018 Last seen - Jan 30, 2018 at 07:23 AM - Latest reply: Chanalxnie 4 Posts Friday February 2, 2018Registration date February 2, 2018 Last seen
- Feb 2, 2018 at 04:47 PM
Hi, I am 27 years old, lives in Whitby. I am suffering from a toothache for about three days. Most of my teeth are in the decayed stage. I use sugar and sugar-filled items more. Some of my teeth have dental fillings. I have filled it five years back. Those fillings are still safe. Now only this tooth has a problem and it is in the stage of extreme decay. I have tried some home remedies for the pain. It didn't work. Then I tried some pain killers. It gave only a temporary relief. I can't afford this pain any longer. We have (http://www.discoverydental.com/dental-services/emergency-treatment/) an emergency dental care near Whitby. So I decided to take an appointment there. Before going for the consultation, I would like to know whether this dental filling will work in my case again?
See more 

3 replies

Reply to this topic
pheobe412 41 Posts Monday January 22, 2018Registration date February 22, 2018 Last seen - Jan 30, 2018 at 08:56 PM
Helpful
Yes it seems alright. I think this is the solution to your problem. I couldn't find anything else besides that. This could be really great. Who told you to bear pain. Just get rid of the pain. Forget about it. Go to dentist asap. Best of luck.
Respond to pheobe412
jenifercox06 4 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date January 30, 2018 Last seen - Jan 30, 2018 at 09:12 PM
Helpful
Yes that is the main thing you must have to do. Please do it soon. You'll lose your teeth otherwise. It's not going to harm you. don't worry. Just be calm and Alright. It's not painful. Best of luck dear. Take care.
Respond to jenifercox06
Chanalxnie 4 Posts Friday February 2, 2018Registration date February 2, 2018 Last seen - Feb 2, 2018 at 04:47 PM
Helpful
Hi there,

I’m currently training to be a dental nurse, I’m not at all qualified at the moment, however have been working in a private dental practice for the last year so I cannot tell you the problem is you’re experiencing with your teeth, but I can give you an idea of what you should expect on the day of your consultation.

Your dentist will take a look at previous X-rays or request them to be taken/taken again if he expects something within the tooth has changed.

Depending on what the X-ray shows, the course of treatment could vary from a desensitising varnish application, having a filling, root canal treatment or extraction.

I’m hoping for the best for your tooth!

In the meantime, if you are in pain the best pain relief is ibuprofen (if you’re allergic to aspirin, paracetamol is the next best thing) as the pain is usually caused by swelling from bacteria, try and keep the tooth as clean as possible too!

Respond to Chanalxnie