An apple a day? [Solved]

Ask a question Goldberg - Last answered on Nov 28, 2013 at 07:59 AM by Crashounette
Hello,
It's been since long that this saying exist, but just to confirm. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Is this myth or reality?
Thanks.
See more 
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Hellp
This is just a saying but of course fruit is good for you, and daily intake will help keep you healthy lets say.
Best wishes
Was this answer helpful?  
Leave a comment
Helpful
+1
plus moins
In answer to question about apples:It might depend on what a person believes about the value of a fruit diet. Some people think illness can be cured by eating large amounts of fruit and eliminating other foods at the same time: such as fats, salt and sugar.
A good book is:'THe Health Revolution' by Ross Horne, as it describes the reasons why an apple a day thinking might work, but it costs money and you have to be determined. I've tried it many times, and it can be very effective: I really recommend reading this book.

Unfortunately some illnesses are not possible to cure so easily, and might require a visit to a doctor.
For example: I recently developed what seems to be a hernia (after a car accident I had recently:which meant I had to carry some heavy bags on buses so maybe that was why, although nothing I had not carried many times before, so I am puzzled by it, especially since a person I know - not a doctor- told me he could not see any hernia or stomach lump) and can't avoid going to a doctor now, whereas normally I would try to cure things by a fruit diet.

Katrina Wood
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello,

Apple is fruit with multiple virtues, and so good, as a pie for example :D

This is a summuary of those:
http://health.kioskea.net/faq/3836-apple-health-benefits
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?