January 5, 2012
- - Latest reply: Verlyn
Registration date
Thursday December 15, 2011
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2012
- Jan 6, 2012 at 05:25 AM
Hi since my mother passed away I found my father's attitude completely changed. She has been suffering from cancer during 4 years and she left us. I comfort myself in saying that she is much better where she is and no more suffering or pretending that things will be going good to protect us. My father never goes out. He goes to his office, comes back home and no more has social life since 1 year. I am about to leave home and I am worried as I don't know how he will manage it all alone now. Help me please.
See more 

2 replies

Registration date
Tuesday June 21, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 15, 2012
Thank you
Hello
How long ago did your mother die? Your father is grieving and you will be able to love and support him even when you are no longer at home. He needs time to mourn the death of his wife. The best thing is to talk to your father, always allow him to speak about your mother and slowly slowly he will find another way to live. Take care and good luck to you and your family.
Respond to Swiftybird
Registration date
Thursday December 15, 2011
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2012
Thank you
Hey this is a very horrible situation for you, between mourning, helping your father and starting a new life. The thing to do will be to talk to him, try to make him come out of so much sadness and help him in seeing the truth as it is. This is difficult indeed, but I guess you are the only one he has. Accompany him in shopping from times to times and convince him to talk to you or a psychologist or even a counselor take care and good luck to you.
Respond to Verlyn