- - Latest reply: Kalath
Registration date
Monday March 7, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 8, 2011
- Mar 7, 2011 at 01:05 PM
Hello,

Yesterday evening after a running race I had calf pain and when I woke up this morning the lower leg was swollen. I can't do any sport for now, but I can walk. Could you please tell me if this pain is due to a muscular strain or something else? How long it will take to be able to do some sports again?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
See more 

2 replies

Registration date
Monday March 7, 2011
Status
Last seen
March 7, 2011
Thank you
Hello,

I'm 30 I'm doing a lot of sports (badminton) and a few month ago I got a similar problem, thinking that it was a simple muscular strain and I didn't consider visiting a doctor. My ankle and calf where swollen and after a couple of days I was finally resolved to get some medical advice.

The consultation revealed that it was far worse than a simple muscle strain, the presence of blood clots were detected. The doctor gave me an injection immediately!

I had a 6 months treatment and today when I met the doctor, he told me that sport was over for me ... I'm shot! Never been so bad in my life!

Hope that you don't have to experience a similar situation. I personally do not like that hospital, but this time I tell myself that thing could have turn better , if I didn't wait so long!

Good luck
Respond to Osleru
Registration date
Monday March 7, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 8, 2011
Thank you
Hello

I had treatment, it was quite successful, after 3 months I was able to exercise a little and now for the 4th month I'm planning to start playing football again. I need to undergo a Doppler ultrasound examination to check out if any blood clots remain but I'm quite confident.

Good luck and keep your spirits up it will be hard to stay "inactive" for such a long period of time, especially if you like sports.

PS: Smoking can cause these blood clot problems!
Respond to Kalath