- - Latest reply: Gilbert_6706
Registration date
Monday March 4, 2019
Status
Last seen
July 21, 2019
- May 28, 2019 at 08:31 PM
Hello,
how far can cigarette lead to infertility please?
My girlfriend tend to smoke one or two cigarette per week.
During weekend when we are out she does but she is nor a regular or heavy smoker.

Can this be harmful ?

Regards
See more 

3 replies

Registration date
Tuesday June 21, 2011
Status
Last seen
May 15, 2012
Thank you
Hi
Cigarette smoking is harmful, but as yet it is not conclusive that your fertility is effected. However remember that when a pregnant woman smokes this does effect the baby in uterus. Also smoking is harmful to so many aspects of your health that I would encourage your girlfriend to stop smoking completely, also you must not smoke. In fact smoking has been shown to cause harm to the sperm. Take care
Respond to Swiftybird
Registration date
Friday November 25, 2011
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2012
Thank you
Hi,

passive smoking does not affect fertility but i guess you need to let her know that you don't really like her smoking a you will like to have a baby with her :)
Well you don't need to worry as with the average range of smoker we have nowadays lets imagine what it would be if smoking could really affect fertility.

Good luck
Respond to onlinedoctor
Registration date
Monday March 4, 2019
Status
Last seen
July 21, 2019
Thank you
It is harmful to the body. However, it is not certain that it could be a major reason for fertility. Therefore, I would suggest you both go and get tested. So that the major reason could be figured out. I hope you are soon able to conceive. Sending baby dust your way. Stay strong and positve.
Respond to Gilbert_6706