Hereditary

- - Latest reply: pheobe412
Registration date
Monday January 22, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
- Jun 10, 2018 at 12:43 AM
Hello,
Is infertility something hereditary please? If you have some members in your family who have infertility troubles, can you get infertile too?
Thanks in advance.
See more 

Your reply

12 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Thursday December 17, 2015
Last seen
January 16, 2016
Thank you
Yes it can happen...

Say "Thank you" 1

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM Health

CCM has helped 0 users this month

Respond to somyasharma
Thank you
Hello,
There are indeed great risks for such kind of problems.
Thank you.
Respond to Ewarta
Registration date
Sunday November 5, 2017
Last seen
November 8, 2017
Thank you
Hi Yetta, The problem of infertility is not hereditary. It is not passed on from generation to generation. It is not necessary that if someone in your family is infertile, then you can be infertile too. It’s a myth only. The type of infertility that can be passed on to next generation is Endometriosis. Except for this one, no other type of fertility is passed on to next generation
Respond to JosetteLeclair
Registration date
Sunday January 21, 2018
Last seen
November 16, 2018
Thank you
Infertility is not really hereditary. However, it really does depend. So if you have a sort of complication. For example, endometriosis can be a genetic cause. Even a defect can be passed through parents. So yes to some extent you can say it could be hereditary. However, in my case, it was not as I had a poor ovarian reserve. Also, my periods were very irregular, usually if periods are irregular and that is something genetical then it isn't considered a problem.
Respond to Alessia.Violet
Thank you
Yetta, I am not sure but I think 50% chances are there. This may be different due to your husband’s genes. We can relate this phenomenon to twin system. If a mother gives birth to twin baby, then it’s not necessary for her daughter to give birth to twins. Sam as it is with infertility. Delay can be there but not as much same as her mother was. So don’t be worried about this. In some case may be happened that is rare in this world. Stay happy.
Respond to Rhuma123
Registration date
Sunday May 20, 2018
Last seen
August 18, 2018
Thank you
Hello there. How are you? It is not necessary that if someone in your family is infertile, then you can be infertile too. It’s a myth only. The type of infertility that can be passed on to next generation is Endometriosis. Take care.
Respond to aliceblake
Registration date
Tuesday January 30, 2018
Last seen
August 19, 2018
Thank you
Hello there! Well, yes! I've heard it sometimes. Yeah! I had a friend, she used to conceive. But, couldn't. As she had some hereditary cause. She keeps having MCs for like 3 times. Later, she ended up having surrogacy at a clinic. So, yeah! It works that way! Now, she has a lovely son...But, her case of rare. It actually happens in very fewer cases.
Respond to SashaMarcus
Registration date
Tuesday March 20, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
Thank you
Hey. I am so sorry for you. It may be because of genes. This may occur due to heredity. I was also infertile. Like in my family, we first miscarried our baby and then faced infertility. I was so upset because I never thought this would happen. But it was in fate. I went for IVF but it failed. So, in the end, I decided to go for surrogacy. I have a baby now. I have no more worries in my life.
Respond to stacyben
Registration date
Wednesday April 11, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
Thank you
This may not happen because of heredity. I was infertile. I have faced infertility for 10 years. The reason was unknown. Like in my family, They all have children with no complication. I was so disturbed in light of the fact that I never figured this would happen. Yet, it was in destiny. I went for IUI yet it fizzled. Along these lines, at last, I chose to go for surrogacy. I have an infant now. I have no more stresses throughout my life.
Respond to emily001
Registration date
Monday March 19, 2018
Last seen
August 28, 2018
Thank you
Hi Yetta, The problem of infertility is not hereditary. It is not passed on from generation to generation. It is not necessary that if someone in your family is infertile, then you can be infertile too. It’s a myth only. The type of infertility that can be passed on to next generation is Endometriosis. Except for this one, no other type of fertility is passed on to next generation.
Respond to anayahill
Registration date
Saturday April 14, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
Thank you
hey dear.how are you doing? that is a really good question. awareness of this needs to be spread. yes, there are chances of infertility through inheritance. one should take care more in this regard. take care.
Respond to scarett9999
Registration date
Monday January 22, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
Thank you
No, it's never hereditary. It's something that has occurred to a person. I hope everything will be alright for you. Just keep this thought out of your mind. It's not going to be a problem as well.
Respond to pheobe412