Motivating my child to get to the dentist

- Jul 5, 2012 at 04:44 PM - Latest reply:
Registration date
Wednesday October 17, 2018
Last seen
October 17, 2018
- Oct 17, 2018 at 05:44 AM
Hello,
My son is very afraid of getting to the dentist. He starts crying when I need to take him to the dentist. How can I motivate him to get to the dentist please?
Thanks for your suggestions.
See more 

Your reply

2 replies

Thank you
Hello,
The thing I do is getting him to the dentists and promising him toys or sweets when he returns back home, try it. It may work for you too.
Good luck.
Respond to Siaus
Registration date
Wednesday October 17, 2018
Last seen
October 17, 2018
Oct 17, 2018 at 05:44 AM
Thank you
Hi, I'm from Whitby. My son is 10 -years -old. While playing with his friend, they both had a fight. My son broke his upper front tooth. He has been suffering from severe pain for several days. I'm worried if it can be fixed.

I discussed this with one of my colleagues and she mentioned about a dental clinic that specializes in dental crown procedures in Whitby{ http://www.appletondental.ca/services/cosmetic-dentistry/crowns-bridges/ } . But with the bad experience from our previous dentist, my son is willing to go for the treatment. He feels really scared after it. I tried many ways to convince him but was in vain. I have already taken an appointment with them for the next week. Is there any good way to convince him? Is there anyway so I can explain to him what is done.

If you have any experience with this treatment, I would like to hear from you. Please share it with me.
Respond to milanark