Should my friend get IVF?

lovemu 1 Posts Saturday July 22, 2017Registration date July 22, 2017 Last seen - Jul 22, 2017 at 01:51 AM - Latest reply: pitjulie19 8 Posts Friday May 18, 2018Registration date May 25, 2018 Last seen
- May 25, 2018 at 12:30 PM
My best friend since childhood has tried for a child for so long but unfortunately she cannot conceive. At some point she was dealing with a bad case of depression. She is constantly scared that her husband might leave her for another woman. I've been trying to help her so I looked up artificial methods and I have learnt a lot about surrogacy and IVF.

I have further looked up clinics that offer these treatments. The best rated clinic that I have found is BioTexCom in Kiev. The ratings are extremely good and the prices are good too. My friend has always wanted to have a girl and luckily this clinic offers gender selection for IVF.

Do you think that I should advice her to try? Has anyone been through IVF? What was your experience? Is it safe?
See more 

Your reply

24 replies

Tavialyn 1 Posts Saturday July 22, 2017Registration date July 22, 2017 Last seen - Jul 22, 2017 at 02:26 AM
Thank you
Hi lovemu,

You are a good friend. You have every right to be worried about your friend's health and safety after IVF. Personally, I got IVF treatment two years after discovering that I could not bare children. My husband was totally supportive.

First, you need to advice your friend to discuss the IVF with her husband if they are not on the same page about it. With proper nutrition, treatment and good supplements, IVF is a very good option for someone who has a womb but cannot conceive. If done properly, it is totally safe.

I did not get mine at that clinic or in that country but I've been hearing a lot of positive things about it. Might consider it for my second child.

All the best.

xx
Respond to Tavialyn
SamanthaF88 1 Posts Sunday August 6, 2017Registration date August 6, 2017 Last seen - Aug 6, 2017 at 10:45 AM
Thank you
Hello dear. The question "should I?" was on the front burner for me, but I've made my desicion - should! So should your friend. It's safe procedure and there shouldn't be any doubts if the clinic is reliable. Also seen many positive opinions on the clinic you mentioned. And btw it's sp sweet that you try to help your friend! You should go to Kiev and see everything on you own eyes. Good luck!
Respond to SamanthaF88
Alana90 35 Posts Monday March 26, 2018Registration date May 25, 2018 Last seen - Apr 11, 2018 at 01:59 PM
Thank you
Hey dear.There is nothing wrong with making a good advice.
As long as you are considering someone for a better yet fruitful approach.
There is no pain greater than infertility that I have observed my whole life.
This hurts this really hurts deep inside.The feeling of something being incomplete!Nothing is greater than that.
IVF is no doubt a fruitful procedure.
Has much success rate.
Ask her to do some sort of internet search on her own.
That would probably help increase trust over these procedures.
Respond to Alana90
Monika966 31 Posts Saturday March 17, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - Apr 12, 2018 at 09:17 AM
Thank you
I will suggest surrogacy for your friend.As i actually went through it.It is good and successful journey.I read about surrogacy alot.I heard people talking about it mostly on the forums or on different social platforms.
I had hystrestomy cancer.I am cancer free but i can't be a mom anymore.I was ver upset and stressed.But my husband was there to support me.He assured me that he will do everything to have us a baby.
So we came to know about surrogacy.Firstly we both searched about surrogacy we understood every aspect of surrogacy.Than we moved to Europe from Japan.Japan has banned surrogacy totally so we moved.We stayed in Europe for 4 months and consulted some clinics too.
but due to several reasons my husband was not very satisfied.Then we moved to Ukraine.We heard from many people about many clincis in Ukraine.Ukraine is very popular as per surrogacy.In Ukraine we contacted a clinic and than the clinic started our journey of surrogacy.
Now the surrogate mother is pregnant with our twin daughters.We are very excited to have our own babies now.
Respond to Monika966
HanRIchie 22 Posts Monday March 12, 2018Registration date April 12, 2018 Last seen - Apr 12, 2018 at 10:37 AM
Thank you
IVF is a pretty great option for her. I think you should let her go for it. This clinic's pretty good too! I think surrogacy should be looked into some more too. It's more of a sure shot compared to IVF. I have my fingers crossed for her. Hope she gets her child soon! Good luck with everything
Respond to HanRIchie
SashaMarcus 66 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - Apr 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM
Thank you
Hi Dear! Just read your whole concern. I agree with you there. Yes! I think an IVF with gender selection would be a great idea for her. I'm also having an IVF later this year at a repro center in Ukraine. I've heard of it. It's a popular center there. What does your friend say about it? I endorse it! I think that would be a great idea for her. So, yeah! I think it's a good way to have a child for people who have not had their own through the natural process. More importantly, I've also seen many people who have been through it.
Respond to SashaMarcus
Alessia.Violet 45 Posts Sunday January 21, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - Apr 12, 2018 at 02:59 PM
Thank you
The clinic you are talking about it is inexpensive as compared to other clinics, therefore, I am sure that won't be an issue. She will also have to choose between two of the packages that are offered over there so she can choose the economic one if there exists a financial constraint. I myself am visiting the clinic for my procedure and so far I am really satisfied. Although I am not going for the same treatment but I do get to meet women over there who are undergoing IVF process. They are always smiling and extremely happy with the outcome as everything is done with soo much accuracy. I think you should ask her to get in touch with the clinic. I am saying so because they do call the patients for the first free consultation meeting. In this meeting, the clinic tries to learn about you whereas you try to learn about them. This is one of the reasons why I think I was able to decide on my next step as the first visit does give you a fair idea of what to expect next. The doctors in the first meeting also helped me decide which treatment I should opt for. The doctors really did understand my problem and I could see that they were professional in their field. I hope that your friend is able to receive the same level of help. However, she shouldn't delay the process and start it as soon as possible before things get more complicated. Ask her to research on these treatments as well as it is really important to have the prior knowledge. Best of luck to her sending lots of warm wishes her way.
Respond to Alessia.Violet
alisa123 33 Posts Monday February 19, 2018Registration date April 14, 2018 Last seen - Apr 14, 2018 at 12:12 PM
Thank you
I feel sorry for your friend. I hope her dream of becoming a mother gets fulfilled soon. Having a baby so that their relationship can be saved isn't a smart choice. I hope she lives a happy life ahead. IVF is a good option to go for. It is very trending nowadays and proving to be successful. I wish her luck!
Respond to alisa123
claudiopeters 35 Posts Sunday March 18, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 06:40 AM
Thank you
Hello to you! I hope you and your friend are doing well. You're being a great friend by helping her out. That's what friends are supposed to do. She's really lucky to have a friend like you. Keep up the fantastic work. I'd suggest that she goes for it. IVF is a safe process. It's slightly painful from what my own friend experienced. She was really lucky though. It doesn't necessarily work in the first attempt, but it did for her. She needs to come clean to her husband. If he's going to leave her because of her infertility, then she deserves better, as well. She shouldn't settle for someone so shallow. However, that's her decision, it's a personal situation. Good luck to whatever she decides.
Respond to claudiopeters
grace888 12 Posts Wednesday May 9, 2018Registration date May 19, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 07:00 AM
Thank you
Hey gorgeous. Hope you are doing fine. It is very glad to see that you have concerns for your friend. Tell her to stay calm. Don't let her take stress. Life often puts us in difficult situations. We must embrace whatever the nature plans for us. Tell her to go for Surrogacy or IVF. I could not conceive due to PCOS. I am lucky that my husband stood through my thick and thin. We both selected the same clinic you mentioned. It offers very remarkable services. Highly recommended from my side. I am so blessed to have my own baby through IVF. If IVF does not proves fruitful for her in the first cycle, tell her to go for surrogacy. Both the procedures are quite safe. Hope she makes up her mind soon. Sending my love and care for you both. Stand with her in difficult times and do not let her feel alone. All the very best! :))
Respond to grace888
mistygray 65 Posts Friday February 16, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 08:33 AM
Thank you
Hi. So sorry to hear about your friend. Before choosing a specific procedure you need to know the problem first. If your friend can't conceive because of issues with her uterus then going for IVF would be useless. She won't be able to carry the baby. But if the problem is different, then IVF might work. Surrogacy is the option to go for if the person can't carry the baby. This clinic is really an amazing one. They also allow gender selection in surrogacy. I had my son through surrogacy. It was about a year ago. I went to the same clinic. I really hope whatever your friend chooses is suitable for her. Good luck to her. I would really like to know about her experience. Do share it with us here.
Monika966 31 Posts Saturday March 17, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 09:40 AM
I joined this forum long ago.I like to read the stories of different people.Its been a very long time.I feel happy after reading successful stories of different people.
I'm also infertile.But i had to go for surrogacy.We firstly moved to Europe form Japan.Surrogacy is ban in Japan so we moved there.We stayed in Europe for 4 months.We contacted clinics in Europe.My husband didn't liked them.Than we moved to Ukraine.As we heard alot about the clinics in Ukraine so we moved there.There we found a very good clinic.The clinic found a good surrogate for us.The surrogate is pregnant with our twin dolls.We are so happy.We are so happy that we will have our own kids now,We are so thankful to the clinic and surrogate.
Everyone cheers and good luck.
Respond to mistygray
Silvija2020 13 Posts Saturday April 7, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 11:13 AM
Thank you
I tried IVF for several times. I had few cycles of it but i failed at it. Then i went for IUI and i failed at it too. Now i have decided to go for surrogacy. Surrogacy is popular in Ukraine. So i have to move to Ukraine for surrogacy. I live in Bulgaria where surrogacy is totally banned. So ultimately i have to move to another country. I heard there in Ukraine surrogacy is quite cheaper than other countries.
Good wishes for your friend.
Respond to Silvija2020
Eleanor045 18 Posts Friday May 11, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 14, 2018 at 12:12 AM
Thank you
Hello! Hope you are doing well. Sorry to hear about your friend. It is a good thing that you are worried about her. As you are thinking about IVF or surrogacy, I want to share my personal opinion. I am also a surrogate mother. I conceived for six years but could not have a baby. One of my friends consulted a doctor about IVF and surrogacy. We find that surrogacy is much better than IVF. Chances of failures in IVF is more than surrogacy. Failures of IVF make it costly. In surrogacy, the success rate is more than IVF. So I suggest you go for surrogacy. It proved to me like a miracle. I got a baby son through. Take care of her.
Respond to Eleanor045
nur_atikson 34 Posts Friday March 23, 2018Registration date May 25, 2018 Last seen - May 18, 2018 at 03:33 AM
Thank you
I feel so sorrowful about your friend. I hope her dream of becoming a mother will come into reality soon. A child will definitely strengthen their relationship. I wish her a very happy life ahead. Surrogacy is a decent choice to go for instead of IVF. It is exceptionally working these days and ends up being fruitful. I wish her better fortune!
Respond to nur_atikson
sidneywhite 12 Posts Thursday May 10, 2018Registration date May 22, 2018 Last seen - May 18, 2018 at 12:00 PM
Thank you
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope her dream of being a mother will come true. Every woman dream about her children. I suggest surrogacy for your friend. Many infertile couples have chose this option They are very happy with their surrogate children. I wish she will have a beautiful life ahead.
Respond to sidneywhite
ellianajhonson 2 Posts Friday May 18, 2018Registration date May 18, 2018 Last seen - May 18, 2018 at 01:33 PM
Thank you
Hi there, hope so you are fine. if you need my suggestion then you should go for IVF. my sister was in the same situation as your friend. She visited a clinic in London. they recommend her IVF. She was scared at the beginning. Then with the support her husband she started it. At the start, there were two failed attempts. she was very much disturbed. she never loses hope. The third attempt was successful. She conceived through it. Now she is the last month of her pregnancy. Your friend should try it. Best of luck
Respond to ellianajhonson
Sabera28 19 Posts Saturday April 14, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 19, 2018 at 12:25 PM
Thank you
Hey. I can understand your friend's situation. Because i had also infertility issues. I had cervix incompetence disease. That is why i remained infertile. I went for IVF but it didn't work for me. One of my Friends suggested to go for Surrogacy. I went to Europe for the best clinic. They provided me a healthy Surrogate. I am a happy mother now. Surrogacy is a best method to conceive indeed. I hope it would help your friend too.
Respond to Sabera28
aliceblake 9 Posts Sunday May 20, 2018Registration date May 23, 2018 Last seen - May 20, 2018 at 06:11 AM
Thank you
Hello dear. I hope you and your friend are well. From how much I know, IVF is a completely safe treatment if proper diet, treatment, and precautions are taken. You should support your friend. Help her get the best possible treatment for herself. lots of love.
Respond to aliceblake
annataylor1 10 Posts Wednesday May 16, 2018Registration date May 25, 2018 Last seen - Updated by annataylor1 on 21/05/18 at 07:34 AM
Thank you
Hi. How are you?. I am feeling bad for her. I don’t know what is wrong with the males. Being fertile or an infertile is natural. No one has control over it. We should change our misconception toward it. Well coming towards your question. Yes, one of my friends has a baby through IVF. And her life is changed now. I cant tell you how happy she is now. She is alright and healthy. I will suggest her to go for IVF. Best of luck.
Respond to annataylor1
pitjulie19 8 Posts Friday May 18, 2018Registration date May 25, 2018 Last seen - May 21, 2018 at 11:33 AM
Thank you
Hello! Julie here. Hope so you are doing good.
I just read your post and it allowed me to give some suggestions.
I think you should tell her about it. And, she should ask about it with her husband. You should advise her to relax and stay away from all the negativities. Depression could be the cause of such problems. It has a great impact on reproductive tract.
At last, my recommendation to her is to choose that clinics that are specialized for such treatments. I have also got many great reviews about the clinic you are talking about. She should go for this.
My sympathies.
Respond to pitjulie19
1 2 Next
Should my friend get IVF? - page 2