- - Latest reply: Gilbert_6706
Registration date
Monday March 4, 2019
Status
Last seen
April 22, 2019
- Mar 7, 2019 at 04:13 PM
Hi ladies -
I am currently in my second round with IVF. My first attempt in January was positive, but I ended up pregnant with twins - both ectopic. I lost the left tube, but feel now that I'm OK with having one less tube to worry about this round. Here's my question for today. We had our egg retrieval yesterday and retrieved 12. 11 were mature, but only 4 fertilized! I did a day 5 transfer last time with the 2 and froze 1, but started with 6 fertilized on day 1. I know that I shouldn't harp on the fact that there were "just" 4. Any 4 of those could end up being our child - this is where I'm TRYING to keep my head. BUT I'm just wondering what experience you all have with how many embryos typically make it out to day 3 and day 5. I'm worried, naturally. Any help you can give is appreciated.
See more 

Your reply

14 replies

Registration date
Saturday October 21, 2017
Status
Last seen
January 28, 2019
Thank you
It's actually variable depending on a lot of things - primarily egg quality. Though sperms quality counts too but not as much as egg quality. It's a proven fact that the healthier the eggs are the more are the chance of success. Whatever fertility assistance you're going through, the dependency on egg quality remains the same. Usually, the number of embryo < the number of eggs retrieved - mostly around 50% but there are always exceptions in both lower and higher extremes. I think 3 embie suitable for transfer in the first round isn't really a bad count. I wasn't left with an option for any frostie my remaining two embryos weren't viable for cryofreeze - don't remember the clinical explanation of it anymore. So, there's always a bright side, you see you've had 1 frostie and I'd say that you were lucky. Hope this one turns up to be the baby you so desperately desire. Good Luck! :)
Respond to gia9
Registration date
Monday September 25, 2017
Status
Last seen
January 27, 2018
Thank you
Hey, trust me, there's no connection between the IVF rounds. Just because your first FET failed the second one has a lesser chance of success. Stay optimistic and keep your hopes high! The number of healthy embryos is never same as the number eggs collected, so you're not at a loss really. I had just one transfer and 1 frostie in the first round and had to go till 3rd FET in second round to have any luck with conceiving. I have had an endometriosis in past, so I guess troubles with getting pregnant are somewhat expected. Try check the video on embryo transfer by Dr Elena Mozgovaya - it tells you a couple of tips to get prepared for the FET at a personal level. Should be able to boost your confidence over the upcoming FET at least. Wish you luck for a BFP soon! :)
Respond to friendly_mum
Registration date
Wednesday November 1, 2017
Status
Last seen
November 1, 2017
Thank you
Well, it is really a technical issue a little bit. I even myself had an issue regarding my egg fertilizations when I was this surrogacy. Well, my doctors helped really well. I was Ukraine for the solution. I think you should consider consulting to a better infertility clinic about it. They might be able to answer your all the other queries.
Respond to igopyrri
Registration date
Sunday December 9, 2018
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
Thank you
Hey, there! It's hard to say. It varies from person-to-person. So, you can't really be sure about. I hope you get lucky on this cycle and it carries! Good luck to you. Sending you my best wishes and lots of love.
Respond to Laura191
Registration date
Monday December 3, 2018
Status
Last seen
December 28, 2018
Thank you
Hey there! I hope you are doing well. It really depends on your body tbh. It's different for everyone. I have no personal experience with IVF so can't really help you out with your egg problem But for most people, it takes 2-3 cycles to get it successful. Just make sure you are opting for a clinic with a high success rate. Stay blessed!
Respond to MargoGonzalez
Registration date
Sunday December 30, 2018
Status
Last seen
January 5, 2019
Thank you
Hi! I hope you are well. IVF is a complicated treatment. It has its ups and downs but it's successful. I have recently opted for IVF with DE. Just keep trying, it will work. Good luck.
Respond to ShannonT
Registration date
Friday February 16, 2018
Status
Last seen
April 16, 2019
Thank you
Hi. Hope you are doing well. I read this post and I thought I'd wish you good luck. I'm sorry the first round didn't work out. But this one will, hopefully. Good luck with your procedure. Let us know what happens.
Respond to mistygray
Registration date
Monday July 30, 2018
Status
Last seen
April 17, 2019
Thank you
Hello. How are you doing? Sorry to hear about your first failed attempt. That happens in the initial cycles. That's what I've heard. I hope it works out the second time. Good luck with it. Sending prayers and love your way.
Respond to alissonclark
Registration date
Wednesday December 26, 2018
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
Thank you
Yeah, the first wait is always hard to take. I'm sorry you had to experience it, in this manner. It's just a part of TTC, though. It's important to stay level headed. I know you're probably frustrated, already. IVF is very effective in most scenarios. Your best shot at finding out the situation is waiting. Either that, or a good doctor. Others are just too bothered to give you any help. I don't trust doctors, much, though. They can be so clever and cunning. It's so hard to find someone you actually trust. Either way, there's not much to worry about. Good luck to you! I really hope you get a BFP in this attempt. That's the least you deserve! Sending lots of baby dust and love.
Respond to Cindyyy92
Registration date
Wednesday December 26, 2018
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2019
Thank you
Just keep your mind clear. Don't forget to contact your doctor, at any time. It's better to be on the safe side, right? The first time can be a little confusing. I hope you don't have to wait too long. A long TWW is the last thing you'd want! Good luck to you, though!
Respond to Lilliana21
Registration date
Monday June 25, 2018
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2019
Thank you
Honestly speaking 4 is a pretty good number. You should be really happy about that. Don't overthink a lot! On my first cycle, only 4 eggs were retrived and none of them matured. Whereas in your case things look good. Even if one of them is of good quality you are good to go. Just stay positive and hope for the best. I know this waiting time can make one feel anxious but this is how it is. For us as I have mentioned the first cycle didn't work out. We recently switched to a different clinic for the second cycle. Mainly because they are more experienced with this process. I am really hoping that things go smoothly. So far so good. We have been sent the shots that are to injected twice a day. Lets see how things go.
Respond to Mitchael.1
Registration date
Monday January 21, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 8, 2019
Thank you
Hi there! I hope you are feeling better now. So you are going for second round. That's a good thing. I hope you are opting for a good clinic. Clinics can really affect your treatment tbh. But as you said it was positive before so i hope it's also positive this time. Just take good care of yourself and make sure you are following all doctor's instructions. You have to be more careful this time okay? Stay strong and positive. Everything will be fine. Good luck! Stay blessed! Bye!
Respond to DorothyP
Registration date
Saturday February 9, 2019
Status
Last seen
March 1, 2019
Thank you
Hey there! I m glad that you are going for IVF. IVF is a wonderful treatment. My sister also had her baby through IVF. So I m hopeful that it will work out for you as well. Just make sure you are taking good care of yourself during this time. A little exercise and yoga can make a huge difference. Even 3 is a good number, it really depends on the quality tbh. If the quality is good then everything will work out. Numbers don't matter much. I hope this helps you. Good luck. Stay blessed. Bye.
Mitchael.1
Registration date
Monday June 25, 2018
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2019
-
Congratulations to your sister. I am glad that things worked out for her. IVF is an unpredictable procedure. Therefore, you never know if it would work for you or not. Good luck to you. I hope everything goes well for you. Sending baby dust your way. I am in the middle of the process and so far due to the clinic everything is going smoothly.
Respond to MerriStar
Registration date
Monday March 4, 2019
Status
Last seen
April 22, 2019
Thank you
I hope things go well for you. I think the chances are really high. Just make sure that you listen to the doctor's instruction very carefully now. Mainly because now you are in the middle of the process. Some of the tips for you are that take care of your health. Make sure you eat food that is high in nutrients. Avoid eating any junk food during this period. Also, avoid caffeine and alcohol. Apart from all of this keep yourself hydrated. Good luck to you. I am also about to start IVF with a clinic. I made sure they were experienced and knew what they were doing before contacting them. Mainly because a good clinic can really help in the progress of the process. I am hoping for the best now. Sending baby dust your way.
Respond to Gilbert_6706