January 15, 2018
- - Latest reply: anna_khor
Registration date
Tuesday January 16, 2018
Last seen
January 16, 2018
- Jan 16, 2018 at 01:51 PM
Hello,
Hello there, ladies. I wanted to ask a couple of things regarding Femara. I was recently prescribed this. I want to know the experiences others have had with it. I am also not sure whether I need this. I am 32 years old. I have been ttc for 14 months now. For the past 4 months I had been using an opk. According to that I had been ovulating. However, when I went to the doctor last month, she said I wasn't. She prescribed Femara. She said that this will solve my problem. Should I go for a second opinion? Also, has anyone used Femara? Has it helped them with ovulation?
See more 

Your reply

3 replies

Registration date
Thursday December 7, 2017
Last seen
January 15, 2018
Thank you
Well, I think you should go with it. There is no harm in it. Even my sister had Femara and related courses in her times. So, don't get tensed! Still, if you're nervous. Just get your doctor on phone or something! I hope it works out for you.
Respond to bella252
Registration date
Wednesday December 20, 2017
Last seen
January 10, 2018
Thank you
Oh Dear. Ummm I guess that you should try a second opinion. I know it's confusing...But, you should always go for a second opinion. Because these all procedures are really complicated and sometimes hard to diagnose. Otherwise, wait until Femara shows you some positive signs...Hope it works for you. Still, just have a second opinion. It will clear things better!
Respond to piahulk
Registration date
Tuesday January 16, 2018
Last seen
January 16, 2018
Thank you
Hi there. Hope you are well. Femara (common name is letrozole) is an oral medicine which can be an effectual in fertility treatment for women with ovulation troubles, or for those with inexplicable infertility. This medication is in a category of medicines called aromatase inhibitors. These drugs can be used to stimulate an egg to develop and be released in women who are not ovulating on their own. This is identified as ovulation induction. Fertility drugs can also be used to augment the probability of pregnancy in women who are already ovulating. This is known as super-ovulation. Are you going through an IVF-1 treatment? Do let us know, my dear. Anna.
Respond to anna_khor