Last seen
January 17, 2018
- - Latest reply: mistygray
Registration date
Friday February 16, 2018
Last seen
November 29, 2018
- Apr 2, 2018 at 01:00 PM
I did six rounds of IVF between 2004 and 2007, including one with donor sperm. I also did a frozen embryo transfer with donor embryos. Receiving the package of IVF meds in the mail was so exciting, then we'd get to the embryo transfer and the excruciating two-week wait to see if it worked. Twice, it did and was so thrilling, but both times, something was wrong with the embryo and I lost the pregnancy.
I wish I'd known from the start how happy I would be as an adoptive mom. I adopted my son after my treatments failed, and I now have the most amazing 8-year-old boy. If the price I had to pay to be his mom was four years of treatments and two miscarriages, then so be it. He was worth the trouble
See more 

Your reply

14 replies

Registration date
Sunday January 21, 2018
Last seen
November 16, 2018
Thank you
I am sure it must have been extremely difficult for you. Constant failed ivfs and not being able to achieve the desired result is the most frustrating thing. However, I am glad that you are now a mom and are very happy about the decision. I too am considering opting for surrogacy. As I have come across a really known clinic. I am hoping that things from this point in time will move fastly. I am really excited about this whole process as people say that it highly successful. I am keeping my hopes low and am hoping that nothing goes wrong.
Respond to Alessia.Violet
Registration date
Tuesday January 30, 2018
Last seen
August 19, 2018
Thank you
OMG!!! That's such great story! Well, I am really happy to hear that...But, I'm a little hopeful with my IVF later this year. So, yeah! Wish me luck. I intended to be a good mother just like you...But, my first priority is to have a child of my own...TC!
Respond to SashaMarcus
Registration date
Sunday February 25, 2018
Last seen
February 28, 2018
Thank you
hey shiwangi, you are truly a great person.You have a big heart.You have the courage and what not.Being infertile.Then going through numerous IVF .Then failing them.Then even coping up with them Not leaving hope of any kind that you might never have a chance to be a mother.It takes a lot to be that hell of a person.I really look up to you now.You are a superhero.Now after that adopting a hopeless child.Is truly inspiring.I wish i could have had that heart.I really want to ask you a question.Have you ever thought of being a mom through surrogacy?Didn't it come to your mind?I am myself unable to carry a child.So looking through surrogacy as it attracts me,.Yours is a different kind of story.As most people opt for surrogacy at the end and seem very happy.So why not you?
Respond to camela007
Registration date
Monday March 12, 2018
Last seen
August 19, 2018
Thank you
Hey there Shiwangi. How are you doing? I hope its all great. I am really sorry to hear about your infertility. The failed attempts must have been very stressful. I know cause I had infertility issue too. I was really devasted when I heard it. However, you seem to be really strong. You had the courage to go through it all. It doesn't matter how you get your happiness back. Adoption is beautiful. Give a child the loving mother he would have never gotten is very beautiful. I hope everything goes well for you. I wish you good luck. Take care.
Respond to MaryJones998
Registration date
Monday February 19, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
Thank you
Hi Shiwangi! Your story is very inspiring. It's great to see how you didn't let infertility destroy your life. Adoption is a very beautiful yet generous option to go for. You took an impeccable decision. I hope you live a wonderful life which is full of happiness. Lots of love.xx
Respond to alisa123
Thank you
I am certain it more likely than not been to a great degree troublesome for you. Consistent fizzled ivfs and not having the capacity to accomplish the coveted outcome is the most disappointing thing. Nonetheless, I am happy that you are presently a mother and are exceptionally cheerful about the choice.
Respond to beeny
Registration date
Friday March 30, 2018
Last seen
August 29, 2018
Thank you
Such an inspiring story love. Rather than grieving on your condition, you decided to be happy. Give my love to your little one. He is lucky to have a mother like you. The six rounds must have been really difficult. Despite all this, you gave happiness to a lost soul. Kudos to you beautiful, I really adore your passion. I went through several fertility treatments myself. It is all exhausting. My husband decided to adopt as well. The process took so long and once again I felt like there is nothing for me in it. You know adoption process is different in different states. I was unfortunate in this regard as well. Finally, I decided to have a surrogate baby. It took 3 months to find a surrogate mother. After 9nmonths I had twins in my hands. I am forever thankful to the beautiful soul for carrying my lifelines.
Respond to Emilykingston
Registration date
Friday March 23, 2018
Last seen
August 18, 2018
Thank you
Hi Love, so sorry to hear about you. You are really a strong lady. Even after so many unsuccessful attempts, you never lost hope. Adopting a baby is good and is meaningful too. You have given your name to an unknown, that’s great. Being a mother is the biggest wish of any woman. That’s why you opted to adopt a baby instead. But science has also opened many unblocked doors. Modern technology has gifted us with surrogacy. Many infertile ones are taking benefit of it, that sounds good. You could be so much lucky too. In surrogacy, a surrogate mother will carry your child. she will give birth to the child who will be genetically yours. So, go for it now. Time is still in hands. Many clinics online are offering unlimited tries of surrogacy at affordable rates. Hope you will have your own baby too!
Respond to nur_atikson
Registration date
Monday March 5, 2018
Last seen
April 1, 2018
Thank you
Aww that is so cute. I am so happy for you. You both deserve each other. I am glad to see that things worked out for you. Good luck for everything. Stay blessed. Much love. XX
Respond to DeniseCastaneda
Registration date
Wednesday March 21, 2018
Last seen
July 19, 2018
Thank you
Hey Shiwangi, Hope you will be fine. Dear you seems to be a brave lady indeed. The way you face all the difficult and long waiting phase of IVF is really appreciatable. You bear all that with patience. Although you were disheartened many times. But still you managed yourself to try again. And atlast you succeeded by being an adoptive mom. This all credit goes to your will power.
I am also in consideration to start with IVF. As I also can't conceive naturally due to heart problem. Now I am praying that God gives me so much courage and determination like you that I face all the stages of IVF with courage. Please pray for me. And guide me that from where you avail the services? I will keep in touch with you to take further guidance from you in my IVF journey. May I succeed in my IVF journey.
Respond to tandy789
Registration date
Sunday March 18, 2018
Last seen
August 29, 2018
Thank you
Hello there. How are you? I hope you're doing great. This is a really nice story. I'm glad you had a happy end to your IVF journey. A lot of people lose hope completely after one method. Fact is, not everything works for everyone. I'm delighted that you kept the faith after the failed IVF procedure. Adoption is a very safe way to go, as well. Some people prefer having babies genetically related to them. Maybe, surrogacy would've worked for you. If you're happy then it's perfect for you, of course. I hope I can share my happy experience with surrogacy with everyone, here. Still waiting for the good news! Thank you for this, though, it cheered me up!
Respond to claudiopeters
Registration date
Monday March 12, 2018
Last seen
August 29, 2018
Thank you
This is absolutely amazing. I am so moved! I love hearing stories of successful IVF and surrogacy treatments, but this is just something else. My own is a surrogacy one actually. Anyway. Adoption stories are so inspirational! Thank you for sharing this. I wish you and your son all the best!
Respond to HanRIchie
Thank you
Hi! So glad to know you're happy to have a child. Not all of us cope up well with situations like this. I also had a miscarriage 6 years. I was terrified. But my husband said we should try again and we did. And i had a miscarriage again. I was scared and devastated. I went into depression. Days and nights all i could think about was having a child. Then my family friend introduced us to IVF. She told us about all the benefits of the process. First i was reluctant but then my husband and my friend convinced me. I'm glad i opted for it. I've a 3 years old son now. He means the world to me. Being mother is so beautiful. I'm blessed!
Respond to racheliqua
Registration date
Friday February 16, 2018
Last seen
November 29, 2018
Thank you
Hey!! This sounds amazing. Six rounds is a lot. IVF wasn't for you. This is exactly why going to a good doctor is important. They don't just tell us the other options, they tell us the options that have a chance of working for us. Take me for example. My husband and I got our fertility tests done after trying for a baby for three years. It turned out my uterus wasn't strong enough to carry a child. I never even got pregnant once because of my husband's low sperm motility. If I had gone for IVF, I could've gotten pregnant. But I know the pregnancy wouldn't have stuck. It would have ended up in a miscarriage which is worse. So My doctor told me IVF wouldn't work for me. I had my son a year ago via surrogacy in Ukraine. It was the best choice for me. I'm glad you are happy with your son. Adoption sounds like a great option too.
Respond to mistygray