"I went through five rounds of IVF

shiwangi1219 4 Posts Wednesday January 17, 2018Registration date January 17, 2018 Last seen - Jan 17, 2018 at 06:09 AM - Latest reply: ellenheller 35 Posts Thursday June 7, 2018Registration date June 29, 2018 Last seen
- Jun 29, 2018 at 08:01 AM
Hello,
"I went through five rounds of IVF and finally just had a baby. Initially, I started off hopefully. Then I would feel sad, then I would feel angry. I also felt like a total failure and would get really down on myself. I wish I'd known so much: Don't count on the first round working. Go to a counselor to help you sort through your feelings. Stick with self-preservation, avoid baby showers, and stay away from social media if you need to. Don’t tell people, or they will constantly ask you the status (if it takes, you want to be in the clear, and if it doesn’t, you won’t want to talk about it). And know your limit mentally and financially. After my fifth round, I planned on it not working and I was ready to move on with my life knowing I tried everything. Once I was getting ready to throw in the towel, IVF worked
See more 

Your reply

16 replies

EminaD 13 Posts Tuesday October 24, 2017Registration date January 27, 2018 Last seen - Jan 27, 2018 at 05:00 PM
Thank you
I met some ladies that had succesful ivf after just one cycle. The others are like you. Some decided to turn in surrogacy after unsuccessful ivf. I am glad that you didn't give up.
Respond to EminaD
jenn945 17 Posts Friday February 2, 2018Registration date February 22, 2018 Last seen - Feb 2, 2018 at 07:42 AM
Thank you
hey, I am glad that you didn't give up! and so happy to see your faith retrieve but what about people like us who at a ripe age of 40 and do not have much time.For them don't you think surrogacy is the option left? As man around me did it and IVF has been tried by us many times and it did not work.The child may be half biologically mine and could be the whole mine if I use my own eggs but to let people of my age know that if IVF doesn't work we should consider going for surrogacy as the age does not wait.
Respond to jenn945
Lenda866s 17 Posts Wednesday January 31, 2018Registration date February 24, 2018 Last seen - Feb 2, 2018 at 02:39 PM
Thank you
that's great to know you're a fighter it's so inspirational to find a story like this. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us, I have been fighting infertility issues for quite some time, I mean not nearly as some women here but it seems like forever to me because all I can ever think about is having a baby boy of my own. I'm overwhelmed with emotions right now. Congratulations on your baby its good to know that IVF is working. keep us updated and take care of yourself.
Respond to Lenda866s
kim345 2 Posts Monday February 5, 2018Registration date February 5, 2018 Last seen - Feb 5, 2018 at 05:19 AM
Thank you
Hello everyone. From my experience couples tend to give up after five or six rounds because then the odds become far too low and it is so emotionally draining that they do not wish to put themselves through anymore in light of such slim odds. A third round, however, you still have reasonable odds. My partner deals in statics and we are currently TTC. He considered it all carefully and we decided that if nothing happens naturally and we do end up having IVF (quite likely given our circumstances) we will only have five rounds as after that the odds are not good enough to keep trying. At the end of the day, it is the decision and how much is prepared to invest financially and emotionally as it is a drain and it seems the more pump in the less likely are to want to pull out. I have seen this many times with couples trying for many years having 11 -15 rounds of IVF treatment to no avail. But I would certainly say give it another go at only three as still have a very good chance! Good luck and I hope to gain success if do decide to give it another try.
Respond to kim345
bennythegiant 21 Posts Saturday February 3, 2018Registration date March 5, 2018 Last seen - Feb 5, 2018 at 03:54 PM
Thank you
It is great to listen to someone telling their success stories after many rounds of failure. I have gone through IVF 4 times but it failed every time for me. I guess if I had help on a little longer I could have had gotten pregnant but I do not think so that I will be trying once more. Thinking about surrogacy or adoption. Congratulation on your success though.
pheobe412 178 Posts Monday January 22, 2018Registration date August 27, 2018 Last seen - Feb 11, 2018 at 11:55 PM
Of course it's not your fault. The things you've mentioned. All are the complications that you had to face after IVF. It's just normal. It's written complications. You have to face them either way. Just don't worry. Be calm. Best of luck. Take care dear.
Respond to bennythegiant
Thank you
Waaooo! Congratulations! Thankyou for sharing such a good news with us. Many heartiest congratulations for you. Yes IVF suits best to 80% of women. lots of love for you. Take care.
Respond to Aleeaden11
pheobe412 178 Posts Monday January 22, 2018Registration date August 27, 2018 Last seen - Feb 19, 2018 at 09:12 AM
Thank you
It works dear. Just not for everyone. I am like you. IVF never worked for me also. What can we do. Life never stops. I am moving towards surrogacy now. I have no problem with money. I am just unable to use this method. I have to hide somethings first. That is my only problem. Just go for surrogacy. You can get it in several packages from several clinics in the world. I hope everything will be fine for you.
Respond to pheobe412
FloraBiber 19 Posts Monday February 5, 2018Registration date February 27, 2018 Last seen - Feb 22, 2018 at 02:23 PM
Thank you
I feel so good after reading your post. First of all, I empathize with you on your failures. Then, I am glad to know that you have had enough strength to fight it through. Congratulations on the successful IVF. I am very happy to know that your strength paid off. You are a total inspiration for many ladies out there.
I have seen many couples disappointed after their first. But here you are a living example of success and strength. Hats off to you. I wish you more power, success, and health in future.
Respond to FloraBiber
Francemayfield 8 Posts Tuesday February 20, 2018Registration date February 23, 2018 Last seen - Feb 23, 2018 at 08:08 PM
Thank you
`Hey Shiwangi! First of all, I must say you are so strong. Even after trying naturally so many times. You still didn't give up after 4 rounds of IVF. That's just so inspiring. Many mothers give up even after one try. And others are like me who just go straight to surrogacy. I tried for like 5 years to conceive naturally. I was devastated. I had no more strength to try again, but then my sister told me about a clinic which was offering some very good packages for surrogacy. First, i was like it will be the same for everyone. But their packages were so affordable and the services they were providing in this low price was also unexpected. But I m glad that I went there and didn't give up. I never tried IVF but my sister had her twins through IVF. and I know how hard and painful it is. I can't even imagine the pain. You are also going to become a mother now haha, welcome to the women group, After this, you will never be a girl again. Much Love!
Respond to Francemayfield
Thank you
shiwangi1219 I read your whole post and it was like that somebody is describing her weak points. Really your post turned my eyes full of tears. How much struggle you have made. After bearing and enduring tons of pain you get your baby. it’s not a simple and easy job. We need a lot of courage and bravery to do this. As you said you were at a point where you become sad and feel like you have no ambition. It means you don’t have any right to live in this world more. But the thing is courage and wait. Now a day woman can’t wait. Even they don’t bother to go through more and more cycles. They see after 3rd round they are consistently getting failure then they move towards surrogacy. After having a treatment at a well-known clinic they don’t bother their amount. They spend amount like a water is in flowing mode. So they should consider the positive side of IVF. They make hurry. Too much hurry. I think they don’t have strong believe in their selves.
Respond to SiseeJhenn
SashaMarcus 96 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date August 19, 2018 Last seen - Mar 24, 2018 at 03:45 PM
Thank you
I'm pretty convinced and relieved after reading your entire post here on the forum. Well, yes! I agree that IVF works that way. I'm also a TTC. I'm a patient of PCOS, which makes me unable to conceive through naturally. I've tried nearly all of it...But, nothing worked...Now, opting for an IVF at a fertility clinic in Ukraine. So, yeah! Well, my dates are around June first week. So, I'm reading stuff here. Thanks for sharing this motivating post! It's my first round. Let's hope for the best! You're right about so many things there.
Respond to SashaMarcus
claudiopeters 88 Posts Sunday March 18, 2018Registration date August 29, 2018 Last seen - Apr 11, 2018 at 01:22 PM
Thank you
Hello there! Hope you're holding up well. This is such a great story. Also, so, so relatable! Don't you just hate those pestering "family" members? I love the fact that you didn't give up. You do sound like a very confident and realistic woman. It's so important to not let your emotions get in the way. Keeping faith is so important. I'm delighted for you! I really hope the rest of the process goes smoothly. Keep us updated! You're a genuine inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing this post. Good luck!!
Respond to claudiopeters
Alana90 82 Posts Monday March 26, 2018Registration date July 30, 2018 Last seen - Apr 24, 2018 at 12:52 PM
Thank you
Hey! such a great news.
Fifth round. I mean tough battle.
That's what others got to understand. no matter how much tough the battle is the end would be fruitful
And you have proved that.
Cheers to you lady.
Though no doubt IVF is a long and tiring journey. many women's drop this thing only because they just can't manage this stress.
I mean the way you explained your twist and turns.
That's common to have such feelings and emotions. we are humans.
And this is a stressful journey.
But the success is for the ones who never failed to struggle tough and never lose the patience and stay calm.
I wish no one had that tough journey like we are having.
That's was great reading your post.
Happiness to all others.
Respond to Alana90
millie98 14 Posts Tuesday April 17, 2018Registration date August 25, 2018 Last seen - Apr 24, 2018 at 02:20 PM
Thank you
that is extraordinary to know you're a warrior it's so rousing to discover a story like this. Much obliged to you such a great amount for imparting it to every one of us, I have been battling barrenness issues for a long while, I mean not so a few ladies here but rather it appears like perpetually to me since everything I can ever consider is having my very own infant kid. I'm overpowered with feelings at this moment. In any case, I would positively say give it another go at just three as still have a decent shot! Good fortunes and I would like to pick up progress if do choose to give it another attempt. simply go for surrogacy. You can get it in a few bundles from a few facilities on the planet. I seek there is no reason to worry after you.
Respond to millie98
ellenheller 35 Posts Thursday June 7, 2018Registration date June 29, 2018 Last seen - Jun 29, 2018 at 08:01 AM
Thank you
Hi there, It's so nice to read your success story, dear. It really satisfies my inner self when I see someone getting out of infertility successfully. I'm so happy for you. Your post will definitely motivate the people reading it. Most of the people on this forum are suffering from infertility. You should never lose hope. est of luck to everyone.
Respond to ellenheller