Infertility in men

MellyWayans 2 Posts Saturday January 27, 2018Registration date January 27, 2018 Last seen - Jan 27, 2018 at 04:12 PM - Latest reply: pheobe412 178 Posts Monday January 22, 2018Registration date August 27, 2018 Last seen
- Jun 1, 2018 at 04:42 PM
Hi! I am new on this forum. Me and my husband are trying to conceive for more then two years. Recently I went to the doctor for deatail checkup and tests. My doctor is sure that it is everything OK with me. I don't know what to think. Probably it's problem in my husband. I must convince him to go to the doctor. Can you tell is there some symptoms that man is infertile?
See more 

Your reply

16 replies

CasandraF 4 Posts Tuesday October 24, 2017Registration date January 27, 2018 Last seen - Jan 27, 2018 at 04:16 PM
Thank you
Hi Melly. Welcome to the forum. Hope you will find the answer you need. I will try to help you. Among infertile men there are often no typical infertility symptoms and most men are not aware that they are infertile until a man tries to have a baby. Male infertility symptoms depend on what is causing the infertility and include. Sexual desire issues, unusual hair growth, testicle issues such as pain, swelling, increase or decrease in testicle size, problems with erections and ejaculation. Men are proud and often they will not admit that the problem is with them. Be persistent and convice your husband to go to the doctor.
Respond to CasandraF
EminaD 13 Posts Tuesday October 24, 2017Registration date January 27, 2018 Last seen - Jan 27, 2018 at 04:21 PM
Thank you
I agree that men are difficult in that case. No, there is no specific symptom that can show if man is infertile. Tests are the ony way to found out what is going on. Hope everything will be OK with you. I wish your wish to have a baby will come true.
Respond to EminaD
MellyWayans 2 Posts Saturday January 27, 2018Registration date January 27, 2018 Last seen - Jan 27, 2018 at 04:30 PM
Thank you
I agree, men are difficult to convince. I am working on that. I believe he will go to the doctor soon because he want to have a baby like I do. Thank you for answers and support.
Respond to MellyWayans
gia9 37 Posts Saturday October 21, 2017Registration date July 21, 2018 Last seen - Jan 28, 2018 at 06:53 AM
Thank you
Welcome to the forum! Is it that you never got a BFP all the while or it just doesn't go full way? If it is the later you need not worry much. However, if otherwise and Dr has already rules out any infertility issues in you after the standard diagnosis, chances are that your DH has some issues. Except for failure in ejaculation (which I believe is not the case or you'd have known) there's no other visible symptoms to male infertility. He is supposed to have a sperm analysis - checking the morphology, count and mobility of the sperms. All three can be treated or have alternatives like IUI or ICSI. Hope this information be of some help, though it's up to you how you'd convince him to go forth with the checkup and there's nothing I or anyone else can suggest in that. Men take their fertility way more seriously that women and it's a part of their huge male ego... be sure to play it safe when nudging him for sperm analysis. Good Luck!
Respond to gia9
MelissaKirk 16 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date February 7, 2018 Last seen - Jan 30, 2018 at 03:13 PM
Thank you
Hey there! Basically, when a man is infertile, many things change. First of all the hair growth is changed, He will try to avoid sex as much as he can, his sexual drive decreases. He will feel pain in his testicles or his testicles will swell. He will also face problems during his ejaculations and erections. Convince him to visit a doctor asap.
Respond to MelissaKirk
stacyben 88 Posts Tuesday March 20, 2018Registration date August 27, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 12:24 PM
Thank you
Dont worry. Everything will be alright. Infertility is becoming common nowadays. Sometimes some infertility is treatable. I know it is painful yet you have to get through it. I think you should go for surrogacy with sperm donor. That would be best for you. My sister's husband had the same issue. After wasting a couple of years they went for surrogacy. They are living a happy life. I hope this would help you.
Respond to stacyben
SashaMarcus 96 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date August 19, 2018 Last seen - May 13, 2018 at 01:02 PM
Thank you
Oh yes! I've seen exact cases like this hun. Men are a kind of shy and more comfortable in this kind of issues. So, yeah! They think that it threatens their masculinity. But, you ought to be mature. Go and ask him! Convince him, make him realize that how important it will be. I hope it works well. xx
Respond to SashaMarcus
Hannahdrake 63 Posts Wednesday April 11, 2018Registration date August 29, 2018 Last seen - May 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM
Thank you
I dont think there are any symptoms. I mean usually, a woman is blamed directly.No one thinks that the problem can be in the man. I think you need to get him checked. The issue can be his sperm. If he has no issues in getting intimate. Does he smoke or drink excessively? It can be one reason. It is very common these days. Just ask him politely. Tell him that he needs to get his self-checked. Tell him that it is normal. Your words will make a difference. All you need is a calm mind. You both need to take the call. Otherwise, things cannot get sorted. I hope things get well for you. Baby dust your way.
Respond to Hannahdrake
WhiteSala 10 Posts Tuesday May 15, 2018Registration date May 31, 2018 Last seen - May 18, 2018 at 01:01 PM
Thank you
Hy Mellywans really sorry to know that you are facing hard times. Well I think your husband should visit clinic for his tests as there are no specific symptoms for male infertility. They didn't convinced easily but if he loves you and support you, he should go for tests. Hope everything will be fine and in your favor. Cheers.
Respond to WhiteSala
Sarahsth28 19 Posts Wednesday April 11, 2018Registration date August 9, 2018 Last seen - May 18, 2018 at 03:30 PM
Thank you
Hun, I know the struggle is real because unexplained infertility can really cause relationship complicated. Have you seen any good fertility doctor/ RE? I would suggest you see one because the tests and scans will determine the cause of your infertility as well as your husband's. There is no predictable symptom of male infertility, the only way to determine is to do a sperm analysis. While smoke and excessive drinking can affect male infertility. Ask him to cut down on these while TTC. Moreover, healthy diet, moderate exercise, and certain medications will enhance the chances of conceiving. You must not take medications without seeking approval of your doctor. Don't let infertility affect your relationship, work as a team. Soon you guys will overcome the obstacles. If nothing works, try assisted conception or surrogacy. But for a better recommendation, you need to see a fertility doctor. Lots of baby dust
Respond to Sarahsth28
Sarahsth28 19 Posts Wednesday April 11, 2018Registration date August 9, 2018 Last seen - May 27, 2018 at 08:17 AM
Thank you
I am really sorry about the diagnosis. But MFI is real, and many couples go through it. And there is no age limit for it. Men can have it at any age. MFI has three things, sperm count; Morphology, and obstructive problems. And in some cases, it can be treated. Causes can be several. But some can be treated and some don't. Moreover, in order to know that your partner has MFI, you have to do the sperm count analysis, blood tests. Only this way the MFI is diagnosed. As for you, the infertility prediction can be made on the basis that if you are having TTC for a year with regular sex and without birth control. Then any one of you may have a problem conceiving. Treatments depend on what has caused your MFI. The treatment can involve artificial insemination, medications, and surgery. I advise you to contact a good fertility doctor. You will be able to have your doubts answered. MFI can be treated, but patience and hard work are required.
Respond to Sarahsth28
nur_atikson 88 Posts Friday March 23, 2018Registration date August 18, 2018 Last seen - May 28, 2018 at 08:32 AM
Thank you
Oh! I've already seen many cases like this. Men feel somehow shyness in discussing such issues. So, yeah! They think that it threatens their masculinity. But you'd be mature enough to understand them. Go and ask and convince him. You'd tell him about its importance. I hope it works well this time.
Respond to nur_atikson
salenaj 4 Posts Friday May 25, 2018Registration date May 28, 2018 Last seen - May 28, 2018 at 02:09 PM
Thank you
I hope that you are fine .men are very difficult in this case .they can't share their feelings .its hard to understand them.there are clinic in Europe .you must go their . They are best in dealing fertility issues . You must convince him for test . Today every problem have a solution found by our doctors. So just don’t worry .
Respond to salenaj
Thank you
It is really sad to learn about the problem. Usually the women are thought to be the reason behind the infertility. The situation is broader than tjis. The men are equally resposible. They must be thoroughly checked for their inability. The male fertility can be genetic, due to physical deficiency or some times due to low quality sperms. It is great that your hubby has decided to see the doctor. I hope there will be some solution to it.
Respond to Debra
littlebeastshaya 45 Posts Friday May 18, 2018Registration date September 3, 2018 Last seen - Jun 1, 2018 at 04:18 PM
Thank you
Hi there. I hope you are doing good. I think there are some symptoms. Like bad sex drive. I have heard learned that low quality of sperm can also be a symptom. I think it all would be confirmed through tests. I think you should tell him to a checkup. I hope all goes well for you guys.
Respond to littlebeastshaya
pheobe412 178 Posts Monday January 22, 2018Registration date August 27, 2018 Last seen - Jun 1, 2018 at 04:42 PM
Thank you
If that is true then I think you two must go to the doctor. If there is a problem with anyone. I think it's better to sort it out now. It is going to create problems in future. It is better that you should get rid of it right now. It's for the best.
Respond to pheobe412