November 29, 2018
- - Latest reply: prerona30
Registration date
Saturday October 28, 2017
Last seen
June 25, 2018
- Jun 25, 2018 at 06:51 PM
Hello,
Hello to all the moms active here on this forum. I have some concerns about my son. He is nine months old. As he’s getting older I think he’s getting cranky to day by day. Now that he can easily recognize people, he is a very choosy kid. He does not like anyone. He would only come to me, my husband and my mom. Nobody else. He absolutely hates when someone else holds him. He would start crying and show his anger. Is this just his nature or is there something I should be worried about. I do have seen other kids like that. But they too at some point are okay with other people holding them. Our mother in law lives with us and my son sees her every day. He recognizes her but he still won't go to her. My mom does not live with us but she is one of the lucky ones. He would be okay with my mom holding him. Other kids just won't go to the strangers, but they would be okay with the ones they are familiar with. I'm such a friendly person and so is my husband. I don’t know what got into my son lol.
See more 

Your reply

5 replies

Registration date
Tuesday February 20, 2018
Last seen
February 20, 2018
Thank you
Hey there Misty! Haha, there's nothing to worry about here. Some kids are just like that in childhood. He will get better with time, trust me. The more he see and meet people, it will change him. It can be his nature too. So you should be happy too, that your baby is not going to let any stranger pick him up. That's better in some situations too.
hey, I understand your question. This is natural for every kid. He began to recognize the hands in which he most likes to play. This is because others don’t live with him. The faces that he found closer and for a longer time like to see again and again. because kids think that they belong to us. While others are not.
He will go to others as he grows day by day and getting mature.
Respond to Sharonstone123
Registration date
Friday February 2, 2018
Last seen
February 22, 2018
Thank you
well, he just a kid.Take some time.Let him at least grow up.You have the greatest gift of life.Being worried is natural but being in this situation for the first time doubles it.Start leaving him alone with your mother in law.If he cries let him.Be less responsive.Let your mother in law take over.I hope this might help.And pray for me too as i want a child badly.(
Respond to jenn945
Registration date
Tuesday January 30, 2018
Last seen
August 19, 2018
Thank you
HAHAHA! That's really normal...My nephew is also just as moody, clever and funny...Just like him! You don't have to worry about it! With time he will learn...He is just a kid...It's just normal...Wish you guys all the best! xx
Respond to SashaMarcus
Registration date
Monday February 19, 2018
Last seen
August 27, 2018
Thank you
Hey Misty! I hope you're doing fine. By reading your post, I miss my time when I used to be worried about this all the time, like you. Dear, these things are normal. Some kids are like this. It's not how friendly you and your husband are. It's just about how your son is. He's just 9 months. He'll be fine as the time passes by. Don't worry. First kid huh?
Respond to alisa123
Registration date
Saturday October 28, 2017
Last seen
June 25, 2018
Thank you
Hello Misty. Do not worry. This is absolutely normal for many children of that age. Everyone has a different rate at which they allow themselves to be vulnerable and accepted by others, it will come, naturally. Do not try and force interactions and just let it play out naturally with properly guidance and love. Take care and good luck to you and your family.
Respond to prerona30