My opinion on surrogacy

mistygray 47 Posts Friday February 16, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 17, 2018 at 09:46 AM - Latest reply: jesi123456789 4 Posts Friday April 6, 2018Registration date April 11, 2018 Last seen
- Apr 6, 2018 at 02:33 PM
Hello,
Today I want to discuss the fact that we are in 2018 and surrogacy is still considered controversial. It's alarming to see that it is still frowned upon in so many countries. It is about time people realize that science is only trying to help us. I cannot even imagine that there are still people who are against this whole concept. It is bringing so much happiness for people who previously thought it would be impossible to have kids. I look at other people who are going through the same problems as me. I always suggest them surrogacy and these modern techniques such as IVF, etc. At the same time it is encouraging to see that a lot of clinics that offer such services have opened up. Now that it has become so common, you can find these services at much cheaper rates as well. I consider this a genuine blessing. I myself got it done a year ago. I was infertile, and lost all hope when the doctor broke the bad news. My life came crashing down, my husband and I were devastated until we came across this clinic. My life has completely changed ever since. I have a healthy baby now, and we couldn't be any happier!
See more 

21 replies

Reply to this topic
Monika966 17 Posts Saturday March 17, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 17, 2018 at 11:07 AM
Helpful
Hey
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Surrogacy is disguise in blessing.I was infertile and very upset.I had hysterectomy cancer.I have beaten the cancer but now i'm in fertile.Someone told us there are very good clinics in Europe.As we live in Japan where surrogacy is ban.We moved to Europe.Here my husband tried to consult many clinics but he was not much satisfied by the clinics.Later we came to know about surrogacy clinics in Ukraine.We than moved to Ukraine.Here we found a very good clinic regarding surrogacy.We consulted the clinic and we were guided properly by the clinic.Clinic helped us to find a good surrogate mom.The mom was ready to carry our kid in her womb.
So now she is pregnant with our two daughters.We are very happy to know that we'll have two daughters.My husband is also very happy.We are so thankful to the clinic.We're also thankful to the blessing surrogate mom who is giving us our kids.I guess surrogates are very kind heart women.We are so happy.
Share your story too.
mistygray 47 Posts Friday February 16, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 19, 2018 at 09:10 AM
Hey, Monika. So glad things worked out for you. You truly deserve this after all you have been through. Congratulations to you. My story is somewhat similar to yours. My husband and I tried to conceive for three years after our marriage. We couldn't conceive and I lost all hope. I really wanted a baby of my own. The day I found out I couldn't have children was the worst day of my life. My husband and I took a break from all this and went to Prague for a little vacation. There, I heard about this clinic that offered surrogacy to the couples who couldn't have children on their own. I visited the place and made up my mind about it. I have a son now. He is nine months old. My life has really transformed ever since he was born.
Respond to Monika966
SashaMarcus 50 Posts Tuesday January 30, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Updated by SashaMarcus on 17/03/18 at 12:42 PM
Helpful
HI There! I totally agree with you. I don't understand why are people still like that? Last year my cousin sister had her procedure of surrogacy at a clinic in Ukraine. Her in-laws, friends and many other people didn't endorse her! They started acting like totally weird and in away of approval. But, still, I'm glad she and her husband went for it! They are living happily now! It's really great to go with! People should really start understanding it! Now, they have a baby girl in it! Now, their parents have also started accepting their decision...It's is a technological aspect and benefit! We should really start understanding and accepting science! Duh!
mistygray 47 Posts Friday February 16, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 19, 2018 at 09:17 AM
Hey. Thank you so much for commenting on my post and agreeing with my point. It is about time people realize how this is benefitting us. We are eradicating infertility from this world now. Everyone deserves to be a parent. It's not like we chose infertility on ourselves. Congratulations to your cousin. I'm so glad she is a mother now. I guess we should stop worrying about what others might think. Your cousin and her husband took a great decision. They must be very happy now. The feeling of having your very own baby in your arms after being told that you can never be a parent is out of this world. I have experienced it all. I had my ups and downs. Surrogacy gave me the most precious thing that I have in my life right now.
Respond to SashaMarcus
pheobe412 89 Posts Monday January 22, 2018Registration date April 14, 2018 Last seen - Mar 17, 2018 at 01:38 PM
Helpful
Yes, I am with you. I am also in a support of this. I also think that those who are able to conceive naturally. You shouldn't comment on surrogacy. It's because you don't have to face it. So simply just don't comment. I think these methods are great. They help the people who are unable to conceive naturally. It's just simply great. I think they should advertise these methods more. So everybody could know about them. It's going to be very well for you all. Best of luck to those who try these methods.
mistygray 47 Posts Friday February 16, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 21, 2018 at 09:12 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words, Pheobe. Surrogacy really is a blessing. You know when I found out about my infertility, I went into severe depression. It got so hard and frustrating. All I did for days was think about why I couldn't have children. I really wanted to be a mother. I used to pray and ask God why this happened to me. It took me a lot of time and courage to accept the reality of myself. When I found out about the surrogacy services in Ukraine, I actually considered it. The most attractive thing about it is that you can have a baby that is related to you biologically. I wanted a baby of my own for years. It seemed too good to be true for me. But because of surrogacy, I have a son now. He is the most precious thing I have in my life right now. Only I can understand this emotional roller coaster that I have been through. I think I got the happy ending I deserved.
Respond to pheobe412
MaryJones998 15 Posts Monday March 12, 2018Registration date March 31, 2018 Last seen - Mar 17, 2018 at 02:19 PM
Helpful
Hi there Misty. How are you doing? I completely agree with you surrogacy is amazing. I consider it to be a blessing of science. It has served so many people. I have had surrogacy too. Good to see someone else shares the same opinion. Good Luck.
Respond to MaryJones998
alisa123 33 Posts Monday February 19, 2018Registration date April 14, 2018 Last seen - Mar 18, 2018 at 06:44 AM
Helpful
Hey there Misty! I hope you're doing good. I loved each and every word you wrote here. I stand with you! Surrogacy is merely a blessing to mankind. These modern methods are trying to make our lives easier. It helps an infertile couple to have a baby which is biologically their's. I love this concept. I myself was infertile. Then when I came to know about surrogacy, I was very delighted. A spark of hope built inside me. I had an amazing process. And because of surrogacy, I have a beautiful daughter today. I really want to raise awareness of this so that no couple stays upset because of infertility. I appreciate your efforts. Lots of love.
Respond to alisa123
Alessia.Violet 40 Posts Sunday January 21, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 18, 2018 at 06:31 PM
Helpful
It is indeed very true that there are a lot of misconceptions regarding the process. I remember when the doctors told me that surrogacy was an option that I should look into. At that time I had no idea what it really was. It was mainly due to the lack of awareness which had never in my life discussed. I was lucky that the people at the clinic were willing to help me out. They made me and I husband understand the process through step by step means. We also watched a lot of videos and even got an opportunity to talk to some of the parents who had their children through surrogacy. The method was so fascinating and new to both of us, however, we were willing to go for it. As by that time we really wanted to expand our family. Especially when you have been labelled as infertile you lose hope. It was definitely a ray of hope that got awoken. When we were told that the surrogate had been matched and that we should come and visit her. I did have mixed feelings however after meeting her I really did get emotional. The communication barrier didn't seem to be a barrier as we got along so well. Honestly, so far the journey has been great and I wish more people knew about this process. If you are looking into the process and need help feel free to ask.
Respond to Alessia.Violet
amanda280 12 Posts Tuesday March 13, 2018Registration date April 8, 2018 Last seen - Mar 19, 2018 at 07:51 AM
Helpful
This is such an amazing post. Thank you for sharing this with us. We all are here to support you in this. We have gone through the pain of infertility. So, we know how hard it is for those couples who can't have kids. Surrogacy is indeed a very big blessing. You are very right in this matter. I don't understand why people think about it as a bad thing. People need to know how important it is for those couples who cry for kids. But due to infertility problems, they can't have them. It is such a sad thing for them. If science is doing something for such couples, we should motivate this. And not consider it a bad thing. We all need to understand this fact. We all need to help others who are suffering. I hope everyone understand this point. Lots of love for everyone.
Respond to amanda280
caroline1214 2 Posts Monday March 19, 2018Registration date March 19, 2018 Last seen - Mar 19, 2018 at 10:29 AM
Helpful
Hello dear mistygray, nice post i would say. I believe in one thing that time and era does not make the concepts. It is your personal thought that can make you or break you. People look at the things just the way want to see them. No two people think the same. The perceptions matter a lot. These individual thoughts compel them to formulate ideas about how other people think about a particular object. Surrogacy is a similar issue. It is both appreciated and condemned at the same time. Most of the times the criticism comes from the people who are either too religiously bound or socially knitted to a conservative system. I have experienced the blessings of surrogacy. If he considers it on humanistic grounds then there is nothing as compared it that can bring sheer joy and happiness for the IPs. At the same time, it has some psychological limitations for both the real parents and surrogate mother. You cannot make anybody happy. therefor I believe that one should do what he prefers or likes. I believe that the strength of an action depends on what you think about it.
Respond to caroline1214
claudiopeters 20 Posts Sunday March 18, 2018Registration date April 13, 2018 Last seen - Mar 19, 2018 at 10:47 AM
Helpful
Hello Misty. How are you? This is such a nice post. My husband and I are considering surrogacy ourselves. This has given us a huge boost. Hopefully, I experience a similar fate. Thank you for this!
Respond to claudiopeters
anayahill 3 Posts Monday March 19, 2018Registration date March 21, 2018 Last seen - Mar 19, 2018 at 12:46 PM
Helpful
Hi,You all are doing great. I'm a strong supporter of the concept of surrogacy. Some people do give controversial reviews about surrogacy. I really don't think like that. They really don't know what they are up to. If they have any kind of idea that what this really is then they won't say like that. I think we should never think about those people opinions. That just doesn't matter. It's really not cool at all. I am an infertile woman. I know what its to be infertile. I am totally in a support of surrogacy. I like this method to it's best. I know what are its benefits. How this method helps others. It's helpful to me and I want to recommend it to others as well.
Respond to anayahill
HanRIchie 22 Posts Monday March 12, 2018Registration date April 12, 2018 Last seen - Mar 21, 2018 at 10:00 AM
Helpful
Hi! You're so right! It's sad to see all the controversy around the subject. I'm a fellow IP. I had a wonderful experience with surrogacy. It's provided me with the greatest gift in my time of low and need. I have a baby girl! Surrogacy is amazing. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone facing troubles TTC. Just find a great clinic and you're basically set. It's great that there are such good options now. Cheaper ones too! Good luck! I wish everyone all the best. Love and prayers.
Respond to HanRIchie
DeniseCastaneda 13 Posts Monday March 5, 2018Registration date April 1, 2018 Last seen - Mar 24, 2018 at 12:11 AM
Helpful
Hey there! How are you all? Hope you are all fine. Totally support you dear. People can accept so many things science gives you, but not surrogacy. I wonder if there was this much controversy with sperm donation. May be yes. May be not. Good to hear your story too. Why do people want to negate such a hope giving thing? I don't know. And I don't understand. May you guys be helped. Best of luck to all the surrogates and intended parents. Good luck.
Respond to DeniseCastaneda
NatashaLiam 45 Posts Friday February 16, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 24, 2018 at 01:24 PM
Helpful
Yes dear surrogacy has changed everything for now.
Now i am married again and me and my husband are thinking of having of having a baby.
I guess keeping in aspects like me a woman should probably go for surrogacy method to have a baby..
We are looking for a good clinic to support us and guide us through the whole process.
I'm looking for a good woman who can carry our child in her womb for 9 months with care
I know that at this age and keeping in mind all the aspects regarding mt previous pregnancy complications getting pregnant again will be not a good idea.
So i have convinced my husband for having a baby via surrogacy.
For that purpose we have consulted a number of clinics and have positive reviews about surrogacy.
Now as i and my husband are ready for surrogacy option,
But still i am looking for a perfect lady who can help us.
I met many women who are offering their services to many clinics regarding surrogacy.
Tired of all the complications i had gone through during pregnancy i gave up upon the hope of having a baby.
Please share your experience if you have any regarding surrogacy.
Thanks in advance.
Respond to NatashaLiam
stacyben 22 Posts Tuesday March 20, 2018Registration date April 16, 2018 Last seen - Mar 29, 2018 at 11:42 AM
Helpful
Hey, hope you are doing good. I agree with what you are saying. People are not much aware such procedures. We know that it helped a lot of people like. I was unable to conceive and one day doctor broke the news of my infertility. It was so devastating for me and my husband. We were so upset and one day we found about surrogacy. It was like a blessing for us. We chose a clinic that bound the surrogate legally and was affordable for us. That clinic is in Europe. I was happy because it was like our last hope. We went for surrogacy to Europe. We were surprised when we came to know that we are going to have twins. I am happy that we are parents now. We took the right decision without wasting much time.
Respond to stacyben
Emilykingston 6 Posts Friday March 30, 2018Registration date April 6, 2018 Last seen - Mar 30, 2018 at 02:11 PM
Helpful
Thank you for starting this thread, honey. It is very important to raise awareness about advances in medical technology. It astonished me to see that even today people are unaware of these blessed treatments. Some people are against them despite knowing how beneficial they are.They don't care if these treatments give hope to others. They just want to look cool by criticizing others.They need to stop right. We should help others by raising awareness as much as possible. Live peacefully and let live others in peace too. Cheers!
Respond to Emilykingston
nur_atikson 20 Posts Friday March 23, 2018Registration date April 14, 2018 Last seen - Apr 2, 2018 at 04:27 PM
Helpful
So true, @mistygray! I totally agree with you. We are living in the 21st century. No one can be declared developed without considering their progress in science. But still nowadays in many cultures, surrogacy is thought to be controversial. Well, surrogacy is a great blessing of science and technology. Instead of taking benefit of it, people are criticizing it. It is very critical and hard situation. We should always try to continue our journey with science. Surrogacy itself is not bad but it’s illegal and misuse is very bad and alarming. What should those couples do who don’t have any child? Having children is the basic right of every married couple. No one can ever create hurdle in their way of becoming parents. So, instead of criticizing and disappointing others, one should support surrogacy. Because that’s the future of the mankind. Also, heartiest congratulations to you for the beautiful child. why don’t you try to have many more?
Respond to nur_atikson
BellaJones998 8 Posts Friday April 6, 2018Registration date April 14, 2018 Last seen - Apr 6, 2018 at 09:07 AM
Helpful
Hey there Misty. How are you holding up? I hope things are great. I am glad to see this post. Good to see that people share the same opinion. I know surrogacy is a blessing. It's wonderful. I have had it too. I lost all hope and was devastated. However, I didn't give up. My husband was always with me. he helped me a lot. I hope people understand this. I hope more people support it. I would suggest people like us go for it. I wish everyone good luck. take care.
Respond to BellaJones998
jesi123456789 4 Posts Friday April 6, 2018Registration date April 11, 2018 Last seen - Apr 6, 2018 at 02:33 PM
Helpful
Hey, thanks for raising sad reality of surrogacy. It's so sad to know that people's thinkings are still so narrow and this made me so frustrated.
They only look all this from one perspective that it is not allowed in religion but why don't they understand that this is the last hope for infertile women . Every couple wished to have kids and when they had one option this society interferes in this too
We all need to tell them that this is a blessing of science not curse. Science is trying to help us we should understand this
There should be seminars for discussion with those who are against surrogacy and all other terms.
We should clear their doubts, by changing one's point of view will be a great achievement.
There is another sad part of the story too .. there are many couples who know all this but still didn't go for it because of misconceptions about cost and other things.
These forums, on the other hand, are really helping out many women I had to suggest these links to many of my friends
I hope one day every single person on this planet change his thinking regarding surrogacy to make this world a beautiful place to live with happiness.
Keep on sharing your opinions and stories.
For you, it is just your story but for others, it might change their life.
Respond to jesi123456789