I hope someone can help me, im at my wits end

Registration date
Saturday September 21, 2019
Status
Last seen
September 21, 2019
-
Hello,

I will try and make this as brief as possible.
  • Male, aged 38.
  • September 2017, out of nowhere started in the left temple area of my face, made worse on touching the face in that area (washing hair etc). Deep aching pain there all the time.
  • Tested for Tempiral Arteritis even though I'm not in the demographic. Test clear. *Saw neurologist. December 2017. Suggested migraine (never suffered from headaches before). Started on Amitriptyline.
  • March 2018. No change to pain but now it hurts all around my left eye socket (pain deep behind eye, hurts to move my eyebrow or touch my head and temple). Neurologist says he doesnt know what it is...suggests it could be dental.
  • April 2018. See dentist. He removes an old filling on upper left first molar and finds extensive decay beneath. Refills but the new filling is close to nerve. June 2018. Root canal performed on upper left molar. *September 2018. Tooth endodontically retreated. No change to pain in tooth or head.
  • July 2019. Upper left molar extracted. Pain in tooth goes. Pain in left temple/eye area increases.
  • Pain is now around a constant 7/10. It wakes me from sleep and I just sit and cry. I cant concentrate on anything the pain is so bad. Starting to get nasal congestion in the mornings in my left nostril. No thick mucous but occasional post nasal drip. *GP put me on beclonase nasal spray and taking Tramadol and Paracetamol to try and control the pain...still taking the Amitryptiline since December 2017. My dentist gave me a 7 day course of oral prednisolone (20mg per day) in March 2019 which considerably reduced the pain, but the effect was short lived after I stopped taking the steroid. It feels like there is a 'pea' inside my head under my eye...that's the best way I can describe it. It causes a pressure like feeling and a deep aching pain. Pain tends to be at its lowest in the morning and worsens as the day goes on, worse at night.

I dont know what to do now. This pain is ruining my life and has already cost me a tooth trying to figure out what it is.
See more