Is there any other way to boost egg quality?

Registration date
Monday March 19, 2018
Status
Last seen
October 4, 2019
- - Latest reply: gia9
Registration date
Saturday October 21, 2017
Status
Last seen
October 4, 2019
- Oct 4, 2019 at 09:13 PM
I have been suffering from infertility for a long time but have restrained from posting my own problem for some time. My fertility story is dammed by the treacherous PCOS. Though I've been handling it all for almost 5-6 years and periods are also regular now..... there's no success with conception yet. After the last failed attempt at IVF, which is actually the third one, clinical experts say it's the egg quality that's affecting it all. I've been on the usual DHEA regimen in my second round of IVF which sadly failed as well. But in spite of going from 5 weeks of 70 mg daily dose to 8 weeks didn't help much. I've been doing some digging on the Ubiquinol as well but there are no proven extra-efficacy about it compared to DHEA. So I'm curious if there's any other way to revitalise the egg to maybe improve my chances of success with IVF.
See more 

1 reply

Registration date
Saturday October 21, 2017
Status
Last seen
October 4, 2019
Thank you
Hey, I hope you're doing well and I really love it that in spite of the disappointments you're able to hold onto the optimism. I have also struggled for several years and then happen to finally find success with pregnancy. Though my infertility was much different in the cause than yours so all I can offer from my own story is the reassurance that you will someday definitely be there... holding your little bundle of joy. From the copious amount of online digging, however, I have gathered some information on egg quality-related issues. I wouldn't begin with the donor conception and so on and so forth. There's this new clinical innovation known as a mitochondrial donation which seems to be very effective in dealing with egg-related incompetencies. It basically uses mitochondria from a donor egg and not the whole donor egg to revitalise your own egg. You can find more information on the process on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1kIYIs_x_g
Hope this helps you enlighten a bit on this process and contribute to assisting your fertility journey.
Respond to gia9