Lump in throat

Registration date
Saturday December 21, 2019
Status
Last seen
December 21, 2019
-
Hello,

I am a professional voice user (film director and singer) and have had problems with my vocal cords for a few years. Hoarseness, raspiness and the feeling of fatigue. I discovered it was due to a polyp and I have had surgery and successfully had it removed this september. 3 weeks post surgery, my surgeon did a laryngoscopy and told me my vocal cords looked perfect.
I since then took really good care of my voice, didn't speak for almost 2 weeks, just did my vocal exercises with my therapist, didn't abuse it, didn't drink, didn't do anything to damage it. I continued speech therapy until the end of october and in november i switched to a vocal singing coach.
It's been 3 months since my surgery and I still feel a lump in my throat and a fear of speaking and singing with a full voice. I sometimes feel like it's hard to speak and produce sound, like it's tiresome, even though my voice sounds clear and healthy.
Could it be that the amount of time being preoccupied has made me anxious? Could this be strictly mind related? I have become obsessed with checking if I can produce soft high pitch sound, and in the last few days, my voice breaks at high pitch and now I am terrified. I must add that in the last days my throat has been sore and my left tonsil is a bit swollen. There has been a viral flu going around in my close circle.

I don't know how to deal with the anxiety of dealing with my vocal cords. I am constantly scared to not damage them again.

Please help?

Thank you