September 5, 2011
- - Latest reply: Inewar
Registration date
Tuesday September 6, 2011
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2011
- Sep 6, 2011 at 06:15 AM
I am very concerned about my baby as it has been 3 days that he has had fever. The doctor came and said that the fever would go if we followed the medication instructions but there has been no change at all. I have called the doctor again but he said that it sometimes happens that the fever takes some time to go away and that I had nothing to worry about. How can I not worry when my child of only 8 months is having a severe fever that is preventing him from sleeping and eating properly??

I would like a mother's advice please, should I call another doctor?
See more 

1 reply

Registration date
Tuesday September 6, 2011
Status
Last seen
November 14, 2011
Thank you
Hello.
Your doctor is correct when he said high temperatures are common and it is usually a viral infection. You know your baby and if you are worried then I would advice you to get your baby seen by another doctor. Give your baby paracetamol syrup, and ibuprofen syrup as instructed on the bottles, make sure he is in a cool room, and drinking plenty of fluids. You can also sponge him down with tepid water, this will bring his temperature down. You did not say what his temperature is and this would be helpful. But to be safe please seek medical assessment of your baby. Take care and good luck
Respond to Inewar